Monday, March 17, 2014

Captain America film informatics Part 17: SHIELD


The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division or S.H.I.E.L.D. is a counter-terrorism and intelligence agency run by Nick Fury. This agency often deals with superhuman threats.


Weapons
Regular S.H.I.E.L.D. field agents are usually equipped with a 9mm pistol. A military branch used for heavy security has access to military grade personal armaments. A few select elite agents carry less conventional armaments, such as explosives, or bows. A S.H.I.E.L.D. project titled, "Phase Two", is dedicated to advancing alien technology weapons and reverse engineer them.

Equipment
S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel have access to an extensive array of cutting edge technology. A supply contract with Stark Industries ensures that they have some of the most advanced weapons and equipment available. S.H.I.E.L.D.maintains a fleet of Acura vehicles for the regular deployment of field agents and scientists. S.H.I.E.L.D. editions of the Acura MDX, Acura TL, and the Acura ZDX are painted in black and equipped with sophisticated surveillance technology. The military arm of S.H.I.E.L.D. uses a range of surface vehicles suitable for urban security, and aircraft with combat capabilities extending to fighter jets and helicopters. This branch also has exclusive access to previously unknown aircraft types.

  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier - Hi-tech airborne aircraft carrier, specifically designed to be itself capable of independent powered flight in addition to the conventional functions of aircraft carriers. 
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet - Armed VTOL transport 
  • BUS - Boeing C-17 Globemaster III owned by S.H.I.E.L.D. It serves as a flying command center for Agent Phil Coulson and his team