Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My first few days in Bakerzin

Happy Birthday to...
28th July- James Tan, Mickey
29th July- Sinjie, Wan Ting


Congrats to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon for the birth of their second child... Murphy Claire Levesque (sigh another girl. And I was expecting a boy.)

I am actually quite grateful to get this new job at Bakerzin. For personal reasons, I can't tell you which Bakerzin outlet I'm working in, lest anyone go there to hunt me down. But I prefer this job so much more to the old one at Shaw House... pardon me for being rather biased.

Here are the high points:

1) the pay rate is much better!
2) uniform is much cleaner and of better quality
3) no need to wear bandanna!! That's a relief
4) toilet is just a few seconds away, ha!
5) more kitchen crew, and wider range of food
6) staff is much closer to my age range, haha!

But there were also a few low points...
1) have to pay quite a lot of money for any broken property
2) lack of main office quarter, and have to stand for very long
3) no lockers, and cabinet is too small to fit in all bags
4) being a rather high-class restaurant, the food and drinks cost rather ex.
5) serious need for more manpower

Balancing the trays with one hand was certainly not easy at all, and I got the aching wrists to prove it. I spent most of the time loitering aimlessly around the place, simply cos there was a great lack of customers, even during tea break! But better than overcrowded situations, right? Lesser people equates to lesser stress. Still, I made it a point to be serious in my work and not fool around even if there are pretty gals dining in the place. I have to admit, my eyes were close to popping out when I saw a group of gals and guys run out of the place... given the fact that most of the girls were in shorts (and quite attractive as well), I was close to turning into Venom. I'm more of an "Ass-Man", if you know what I mean... whoops!! :-X

For more info on Bakerzin, go to the website... www.bakerzin.com/index.asp

I beg you people (even my parents) please don't ever tell me to pay a 'surprise visit' to my old workplace at Shaw House, cause I wanna move on with my life, and I know too well that they won't allow me back anyway. If ever I go to/walk past Shaw House, the purpose of doing so is to watch movie or do anything EXCEPT look at my ex-colleagues face to face (except for a few of them). I can't afford to do that anymore. It's roughly the same reason why I don't dare step into my old church to look at my 'former' friends in the eyes.

And to anyone who is curious on why I haven't settled for a full-time job for the time being, you leave me no choice but to tell you this... MYOB

No comments: