Friday, December 08, 2006

"Wish Upon A Star" XMas special- the details

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NURULAIN AND WEI MING

Oh yeah... now that I need not go to school, I can reach Mediacorp as early as I want!! OH BEHAVE BABY!!! :-)

1120 hrs- The old grille gate had been removed, and the drilling inside the bathroom was unbearable. That gave me the chance to leave the house early for Bishan.

1200 hrs- I met up with Gerald and Jeremy at Bishan Junction 8… we had a quick lunch at KFC. We then took a bus to Mediacorp studios.

1300 hrs- We arrived at Mediacorp, to see Kai Leng and Benny there.

1340 hrs- Joakim was the first to arrive. He looked visibly tired, but still cheerful.

1415 hrs- Paul arrived, awaiting his manager to fetch him.

1430 hrs- Jay Lim arrived. Me and Gerald managed to stop him from tripping on the steps. At around this time, we could see Jonathan Leong driving (very fast) into Radiogate from afar.

1500 hrs- PSS contestant Sheila Ou arrived. She looked very cute lor!!

1520 hrs- Jasmine arrived late, alongside Nurul and Gayle. The few of us threw a short birthday celebration for Jasmine before the three beauties made their way up to the reception.

1600 hrs- PSS contestant Michelle Lew arrived. Eunice Olsen arrived at around this time (being fetched by her mum)… no doubt she looked hot, but she seemed to be in a foul mood.

1620 hrs- PSS contestant Jeremy Kwan arrived.

1625 hrs- PSS contestant Daren Tan arrived.

1630 hrs- PSS contestant Dawn Yip rushed in very quickly.

1635 hrs- PSS contestant Jon Toh arrived. Sorry to say, I don't think he's as hot as Jon Leong. But he does look quite cute.

1700 hrs- Me and fellow Jasmine fans joined the main queue, which comprised of about 20 so far (mostly fans of Paul and Jonathan). Jeremy had to leave for tuition.

1710 hrs- More Jonatics arrive. My secret crush didn’t turn up (sniff).

1740 hrs- The queue builds up for the next few minutes. Syafiq arrived with his very attractive and TALL cousin named Latifah (who resembles my classmate Ami).

1750 hrs- Me and Gerald went to the corridor outside reception with hopes of seeing Averil… instead we got to see Sin Huey (who looks very cute and hot!!)

1800 hrs- The queue had expanded like mad… Farhan showed up, as well as Jasmine's family and Paul's parents. The JJ Lin fanclub arrived in full force. Management was horrible… we got split into 4 groups: Jonathan fanclub, Hady fanclub, JJ Lin fanclub, and ‘others’. SO BIASED!!! The human traffic outside the main door of the theater was the worst I have ever seen.

1910 hrs- Me, Gerald, Joshua, Syafiq and Latifah ended up at the blcony. This is really biased lor.

The event begins!! Almost everyone was present… but WHERE IS RAHIMAH?!?! More on that later

John Molina and the Kreugers with Jonathan Leong singing “Joy To The World”

Jaime Teo and Hady sang “Your Song”. I was tempted to chant “Daniel’s gonna kill you, Daniel’s gonna kill you…”

Jonathan Leong singing some song, with Eunice Olsen playing the piano

Mathilda, Nurul, Gayle, Emilee and Jasmine singing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” with some accapella group. I don't understand how come rahimah didn't show up

Hady, Jonathan, Paul, Joakim, Jay and Norman sang “You Raise Me Up” with Jacintha Abishagenaden aka ‘the bimbo judge’

All the SI finalists and Gurmit Singh singing “Music Of My Heart”

Michelle Chia and Jonathan sang “When I Fall In Love”… like Hady before them, I was tempted to say “Shaun’s gonna kill you, Shaun’s gonna kill you...”

For the first time ever, Hady sang “You Give Me Wings” in the Mediacorp theatre. All of us sang along to the song. I'm going to buy his album!!!

JJ Lin finally arrived, singing some Chinese song.

For the grand finale, JJ Lin and the finalists sang Michael Jackson’s “Heal The World”, brigning out some disabled (but still adorable) kids.

The recording ended at 2145 hrs… much earlier than I thought. Me and fans went to see Uncle Joe and family off, before rushing to the reception.

2155 hrs- We were surprised to see Siew Woon, Wan Hua and Levin Ng at the reception… long time no see lor

2205 hrs- Eunice Olsen arrived!! Wowwee she’s so beautiful lor… but arghhh, why do I have to ruin the picture???

2210 hrs- John Molina arrived… I’m so happy to see him upclose again after many years of delay.

2215 hrs to 2235 hrs- Emilee and Joakim arrived. Jacintha exited from the place. Jay, Gayle, Nurul and Jasmine showed soon after. Paul and Norman showed up, only to disappear after only 5 minutes (arghhh I know what they're up to). Later got some Project Superstar contestants appear, but I couldn’t be bothered with them... so I went downstairs to join Gerald and the rest

2235 hrs to 2300 hrs- A Jasmine fan named Aisah was very nice… she and friends held a mini birthday party for Jasmine… we all joined in the fun. Farhan was too shy to even come down. Also, Jasmine told me that Rahimah pulled out from the “Wish Upon A Star” recordings at the last minute due to other commitments (I hope she hadn't pulled out from all Idol-related events). After a few more pictures, Jasmine left the place with Levin, Wan Hua and Siew Woon.

2300 hrs- Me, Benny, Gerald and Farhan left the place together. I reached home just 5 minutes before midnight... to see an all-new grille gate at the entrance.


0000 hrs- I received an SMS from Kendrick stating the names of the recently eliminated PSS contestants... Sheila, Dawn, Jeremy and Daren. And I happened to see all of them earlier!!! :-(

STAY TUNED FOR THE PICTURES IN MY NEXT POST!! :-)

2 comments:

Anlynn said...

Thanks for all the updates :) The SI contestants must be really happy to have supporters like you.

I will definately wait for the next post. hahhaha...

Finsology said...

Hee... It wasn't the read carpet but a blue one..Nonetheless a once in a lifetime experience..Think I too short,nobody noticed me.. =) Hee...