Saturday, June 24, 2006

Wildcard contestants at Tampines Mall

Nothing much done in the morning so far, but the good news is a new computer had been installed in the living room. Which means that Dad can do his stuff in his room while i do my stuff outside :-)
In the wake of a controversy, it was announced in the newspapers everywhere that due to a technical glitch in the tabulations of the votes, it was Nurul Maideen, not Mathilda D'Silva, who had advanced to the Final 12. And thus that means Mathilda is in the Wildcard round instead. Confusing? Unbelievable? Even my parents seemed to think so.
Anyway, I left the house at 1230 hrs and took a bus to Tampines... had a quick lunch at KFC and headed straight to the 4th level of Tampines Mall... never knew there was an open balcony at that level!!! :-O I managed to meet up Kai Leng, one of the Meryl fans... and soon made friends wif a few SI fans at the front row. Waited from 1345 hrs to 1440 hrs... then Daniel Ong came out and talked a bit wif the audience.
A few minutes later, the Wildcard contestants came out at one shot...
GAYLE NERVA!!! (very loud cheers)
JAY LIM!!! (loud cheers)
MATHILDA D'SILVA!!! (loud cheers)
CHOY SIEW WOON!!! (very loud cheers)
PRIMERO ANG!!! (very loud cheers)
NORMAN THEN!!! (loud cheers)
Last but not not least... GERALDINE CHUA!!! (VERY LOUD BOOS!!!)
BUT WAIT WHERE'S MERYL??? Seems like she's on MC but already some fans are suspecting something else... stay tuned for more info

Daniel talked a bit wif the contestants, then later they distributed SI sling bags to anyone in the audience who could answer their questions... at abt 1540 hrs, it was time to get up on stage and get their autographs!!! Indeed I avoided taking pic of Geraldine... I took a pic of Primero wif Norman, then I took a pic of Mathilda and Siew Woon (both of them share the same star sign of Cancer)... hey Mathilda recognised me from the Wisma Atria event the week earlier!!! Such a good memory!!! Last shot was Jay and Gayle... and before getting off the stage, I managed to take pic wif Gayle!! SHE'S REALLY VERY CUTE, SWEET AND PRETTY!!!! Oh my gosh... and she even bears some resemblance to my manager Adilah!!! :-p
Anyway, me and the Meryl fans stayed around a little longer watching the contestants sign a few more autographs til they had to leave at 1630 hrs... no thanks to a TANK appearance at the same place at 5 pm. I was so bored after that, I decided to take a train to Bugis Junction, for old times' sake. Hung around Seiyu, Absolute Comics and Kinokuniya... in the end, I went to haf dinner at Burger King, and then went back home to watch encore telecasts of Singapore Idol 2nd group of girls performance shows and results shows from 1945 hrs to 2130 hrs. And then... I got rather emotional due to a personal conflict. Read the next post to find out more.

No comments: