Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My own thoughts on the hype surrounding Meryl Joan Lee

Yes folks, the rumors circulating the Mediacorp Forum for the past few days have turned out to be true... sweet-faced, pretty and adorable Meryl Joan Lee has officially pulled out from the Singapore Idol competition due to school commitments. Click on the following link to find out more... http://www.singaporeidol.com/scoops_260606.htm

Now this sounds really interesting, considering the fact that Meryl's reasons for leaving the competition was widely speculated by her 'unpopularity' with the group of the other Wildacrd contestants, or due to her 'snobbish, pamapered, arrogant behaviour'. Altho I had only seen Meryl once at Wisma Atria a few weeks ago, I can tell that she's a very shy, innocent, caring and friendly girl. And no airs of arrogance whatsoever. yet I was very shocked at first when the news had been confirmed in the Singapore Idol website.

Can understand the real reason why Meryl had to pull out... her 'A' levels are coming, and this year will be the last year that the current 'A' level syllabus would be used before it gets changed. So I guess it's best and fair for her to pull out (I will not say 'quit' cos she left the show wif valid reasons... if I were her, I would prob do the same thing) in order to concentrate on passing her exams, which starts in a few days from now. For Meryl to juggle studies and Singapore Idol would be very difficult, and it won't be very plain-sailing for her were she to continue in the show (moreover i think that her stress management is really quite low). U can try to ask Joanne Peh abt that, juggling her time in NTU wif her projects in Mediacorp. But now that Jopeh had finished her studies for good, she's taken a heavy load off her shoulders and wont feel so restricted now.

Another issue I want to address is Meryl being snubbed by 2 other Wildcard contestants on Thursday's live results show, which had led to feverish speculation that she is being unpopular with the group in general. Hence my decision to slam the both of them, whether u all like it or not. ANGER AND HATE FULLY UNLEASHED!!!!

The first contestant I wanna slam is Geraldine Chua. She's only 16+ years old and she behaves like a real diva, and is very proud... heck, she hasn't even gone to the Final 2 placings and already she think's she's soooo great. A lot of SI fans including yours truly hate this arrogant, lying brat. SO WHAT IF YOU GOT A LOT OF ENERGY!! YOU HAF WEAK VOCALS AND A HUGE ATTITUDE PROBLEM!!!
On Thursday night, she hugged almost everyone on stage except poor Meryl. Geraldine only tapped Meryl on the shoulder. When asked she protested, “To tell you the truth, I didn’t even know I didn’t hug her. (laughs) I was only told by my friends that I didn’t hug her. I was shocked myself. It was purely a mistake. I’ll make sure I hug everybody this time, I will count and make sure I hug seven people.” 'Really' didnt even know? 'Honest' mistake? 'Shocked' when friends told you? We are pretty sure everyone else will be counting at home too. BUT STILL IS IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO DO EVEN A SIMPLE GESTURE??? WHATEVER LOUSY EXCUSE YOU GIVE, I STILL WON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU SKINNY LYING B***H!!!
The second contestant I wanna slam (tho a much lesser degree than Geraldine) is Jay Lim. At least he has good vocal control and is self aware with his own performances. I saw him in person at Tampines Mall last Sat and he seems quite nice and friendly.
On Thursday's result show, Jay high-fived everyone in line but bypassed Meryl's bypassed palm. That's twice in a night that poor Meryl was forgotten!! Later when asked, Jay pleaded ignorance, insisting that he really intended to high five Meryl, but he missed. Jay explains his sorry behavior: “When this thing happened, it dawned on me that I’m a public figure and what I do is important. I actually intended to high-five everybody and I didn’t know I missed her. It wasn’t intentional. I’m so sorry that I missed her.” Ok lah, can give him chance and accept his statement since so many hands were raised up in front of him, I can understand that. I think he's feeling a little remorseful over the episode.
Actually before that, Meryl did roughly the same thing to Norman. The guy went for a victory hug, but all he got was a “Bang bang!” type gesture. Are you feeling lucky punk? Are you?
Norman’s take on not getting any: She’s uncomfortable hugging other guys, she told me she feels a bit shy about it. It’s not like she’s telling me to get away from her.”Hmmm at least I can understand that.. I myself feel really uneasy hugging girls.. esp those I really like (read the post on Never Say Die finals to see my point).

Meryl Joan Lee, we'll miss you!!! All the best in your exams and future endeavors!!! Stay cute, sweet, happy and pretty always!!! ;-)

No comments: