Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My thoughts on Class 4S course and other stuff...

Happy Birthday to...
29th Sept- Roiswandi, Suzhen and Kar Yan
30th Sept- Darren Lim, Jia Hui, Ace Sim and ML Chong


I just survived 2 days of my first ever reservist duty... well, it can't really be considered reservist, it's more like a drivers' course for a new type of vehicle known as Class 4S Articulated vehicle. In short, it's more of a 7-Tonner... a Prime Mover attached to either a flatbed trailer with metal box on top, or a longer lowbed trailer with forklift attached to it!! Means to say that I have to make longer turns at certain road junctions, and avoid hitting the kerb or risk ramming into any nearby vehicle. Test for Coupling and Uncoupling of Trailer is this coming Thursday, followed by Tests for Parallel Parking AND Angular Parking as well as TEST FOR DRIVING PRIME MOVER WITH TRAILER on Friday!!

Although this course runs for only one week, and we can all go back home at abt 5 pm for most days, to me it is already starting to feel like "the longest 2 days". Deep down inside I'm already cursing the SAF for assigning me (and a few others) to this stressful type of course, one that could cause me to suffer from biploar disorder or go into a beserker rage. Already I am feeling the stress from angular and parallel parking under the hot sun as well as Coupling Practice and driving the Class 4S vehicle on the main road. Made worse by the fact that there's night training on Wed (aka tomorrow)...

I don't even understand what's so "damn fing important" abt reservist, it's just a waste of time seriously. Lack of freedom from 7.30 am to 5 pm, plus you get this feeling that you're being imprisoned on some remote island and being treated like a slave. This is precisely why I prefer civilian life so much more to that of life in SAF. I would prefer to be doing my own thing like going to work or spending time with family or friends on Sundays. I will forever continue to remain cynical towards the topic of reservist duty... how I wish I could get downgraded at best...

Ok, time to focus on other stuff, which I would keep rather brief. Today is the wedding for Christopher lee and Fann Wong. Already I am getting a little sick over the overexposure of this occasion... published in magazines and newspapers, broadcast on TV, and so on. I find it kinda ironic that Chris and Fann used to be very hush-hush over their relationship between 2001 to 2005, and then went public about it with holding of hands and smooching, even appearing in "The Wedding Game" early this year. Even Michelle Chia's and Shaun Chen's wedding wasn't that highly publicised!! Not to forget Zoe Tay's marriage to LTC Philip Chionh in 2001...

The Miss Singapore World scandal seems to be coming to a head... Ris Low aka "Miss Voomz" or "Miss Fraudster" has voluntarily stepped down and given up her Miss Singapore World title earlier today. Her replacement is to be announced later this week, most likely to be the 1st runner-up Claire Lee. This is what I have to say in regards to the "best decision ever made"... GOOD RIDDANCE. (evil smirk)

Click on the following link to read the report... MSW 2009 quits after criminal record revealed

No comments: