Thursday, September 10, 2009

Results for 2nd Piano Show totally KELONG!!!

Happy Birthday to Joreen and Sally


I'm gonna keep my thoughts for last night's episode rather brief... I seriously think that the results for the 2nd (and last) Piano Round is totally disastrous. And I suddenly felt that Hady makes a better host than Gurmit, never mind if he still lacks the experience that Gurms possesses (but his role as 'big brother' was still rather pointless, seemed rather scripted). If I have to be rather frank, hearing Gurmit stumble and fumble through his lines is quite a torture, so to speak. It is as if Mr PCK is starting to get rather fed up with the new rules for this season (no Wildcard, Top 13 spot, voting for only one night, and so on). Or maybe he's too aware of the brickbats he's gonna get for this season, like what he had survivied from the past 2 seasons?

On the contestants... I felt that Faizal, Sylvia, Jonathan and Mae were the most outstanding of the 12 (lol, Jon sang "Come Together"?? I didn't even expect that!!). Faizal wowed the fans with his confidence and charisma with his take on Maroon 5's "This Love". Although I like Charlene the most, I felt that her performance wasn't up to par (she was recovering from a sore throat), and though she did quite well for "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", it wasn't really enough to connect with the judges. But I'm still happy for her even though she didn't make it through to the Finals.

The ones whom I seriously felt should not get to the Final 12 are... Duane, Justin and Sezali (all so bloody nerdy). Justin Jap?? Yucks!! Duane Ho??? DOUBLE YUCKS!!! The big boy should be focusing on his O levels man!!! Sezali's vocal range was quite messy I feel. Oh Singapore, what have you done? Do you seriously want us to get cardiac arrest with these lacklustre performers?? If Season 1 had an Ah Beng and an Ah Lian (Sly and Maia), and Season 2 had angsty rocers (Paul and Rahima)... then Season 3 is the one where the NERDS reign supreme over the babes. And also, why is it the guys who got more votes from the public than the girls?? Are the girls not better by a milestone??? No wonder the judges are so damn pissed...

On a personal note, I was quite relieved that Samantha didn't make it through (her rendition of "Don't Speak" was totally terok)... I never forgot the time she ade a bad impression by coming to MediaCorp 30 minutes late for the Top 100 round, due to a hangover (and coming up with her bland excuses). And what's up with Sam baring her legs in a translucent white dress at the reception?
She seemed to be quite trampy, never mind if she still looked sweet and demure. With this wrong song choice, Sam can never be anywhere as good as Rahima Rahim, who sang that song during SI 2 Piano Show with pure angst and gusto.

If the rating for the first Piano Show is a C, then I shall rate the overall of this Piano Show a big fat F. Thank God I didn't commit fully to going for the live roadshows (esp since I have to work on Saturday afternoons anyway). Not only will I resort to watching the show at home from 23rd September onwards, I shall also have the choice of watching the show with A) one eye closed, or B) with the volume muted, or C) don't watch at all; switch to other channel. Behold, Singapore Idol is already in the path of becoming another crapola disaster like "Live The Dream" 2 years back... lacking in originality and becoming more ridiculous than ever. Oh God, please let this be the very last season already.

No comments: