Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reservist duty coming up, plus more dirt about Ris Low

Happy Birthday to Edmund Leck and Calista

I seriously don't know what to expect of my upcoming reservist duty which is to commence in a few hours' time. It's been 5 years since I was last involved in anything related to NS, so I guess I have to get used to the fact that I will have to be in No 4 uniform as well as eat not-so-tasty food. I hope I don't feel too alienated by this encounter... anyone out there who still read my blog now and then, do wish me all the best of luck yeah?

As if the "Tragic sagas" of idiots who refuse to follow simple instructions such as setting their phones to silent mode before going to church or ignorant parents who don't bother to bring their wailing toddler kids to the Cry Room weren't enough to piss me off, what truly sickened me was the 2-page main article of Ris Low in today's Straits Times. I was even more disgusted by the fact that the organisers of the Miss Singaproe World franchise has got no comments about the scandal, made worse by the revelation that Ris is actually seeking treatment for what is known as bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression). What exactly do they mean by "no comments"??? How can they pick a bimbo-cum-fraudster to win??? How can the organising team not know about Ris' past records earlier on?? And how can Ris not be aware that she has to declare her past records upon filling the application form beforehand?? This is damn kelong xiah... is a 2-page article necessary for this kind of BS?? What would the whole world think about us Singaporeans???

No comments: