Thursday, July 27, 2006

Emilee ousted... sigh :-(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JEAN PAUL LEVESQUE AKA THE GAME... TRIPLE H!!!
To that elephant-thighed antisocial 'Samoan' who stalked me all the way from school to McDonald's (can u at least let me haf my lunch in peace by going somewhere else and dont scare me from behind!!!) and back to school again in the afternoon, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA... S**K IT!!!

My thoughts on the Final 10? Jonathan, Hady and Mathilda were the best performers so far. Rahimah and Emilee did pretty well too (damn, they both looked great!!). Paul was going off-key wif Moondance. Altho Jay had good vocal control and technical prowess, his stage presence wasnt very captivating. Nurul's rendition of "The Way You Look Tonight" was a little dull. Jasmine was too cutesy for "Almost Like Being In Love", whereas Joakim's vocals were still as weak as ever.
The third person to go home tonight was... EMILEE KANG. Still it was a bit of a rude shock to see Rahimah at the Bottom 3 (and boy was she really pissed)... and I thot she was one of the better singers?!?! A lot of people thot Jasmine would go since she was the weakest (but then to be honest, nobody wants their fave to be booted out rite?). But then I wasnt too surprised that Emilee had been booted out... but still this just isnt right, esp since this was her very first attempt at jazz.
At first I wasn't really crazy abt her when I first saw her at Wisma Atria on the 17th of June... even after watching her performance the following Wednesday night. Truth be told I initially didnt think she deserved to be in the Final 12. But then I slowly came to realise that maybe I should give her a chance. And sure enough I did, and I was happy to see her at Bugis and Bishan earlier this month. And yes it was (sort of) a dream come true when I got to give Emilee a big hug on stage, and believe me, I nearly got 'burnt'!! It wasn't her 'hot babe looks' that attracted me, it was more on her positive attitude, optimistic outlook on life and strong personality.

Emilee's certainly not the weakest singer since she's been showing improvement week after week. I liked her even more when she sang "Believe"... her vibrato was clearly wearing off even tho it wasnt her best performance. And she showed great improvement wif "Just Like A Pill" the following week. And "Making Whoopee" was her best to date.
Now that the Idol journey for Emilee has ended, I'll miss her plenty, she's like an older sister I never had... all the best in your future endeavors!! Stay sweet and pretty always, Emilee... love u always :-)

No comments: