Sunday, July 20, 2008

My thoughts on Red Cliff... and waiting for a mei nu

Happy Birthday to Siew Woon and Caleb Chow


Yesterday I went to Bugis to watch "Red Cliff", I felt it was quite good. Now I understood why it took John Woo 20 years to make this film come to fruition: huge army of soldiers plus horses, and the many stunts taking place in the battle. But arghh, too much chaos for a war epic, I have to say (staff stabbing, sword slashing, etc). Still I thought this film made much more sense than that dumbass flick known as "Curse of The Golden Flower". The characters I liked in the film are Zhou Yu (Tony Leung), Chancellor Zhuge Liang (Takeshi Kaneshiro), Guan Yu, Zhang Fei and Xiao Qiao (Lin Chi Ling in her acting debut). In a moment of irony, Xiao Qiao's first appearance in the film was in a stable, trying to assist a horse in giving birth to a pony; in real life, Chi-ling got into a minor accident with a horse which kicked her in the bust a few years ago. Vicki Zhao, best known for her role as Xiaoyanzi in "My Fair Princess", also impresses in her role as feisty Sun Zhangxiang, younger sister of Sun Quan, who would become future Emperor of Eastern Wu. I rate this film 8.5 out of 10 stars.


For more info on the film, click here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cliff_%28film%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Red_Cliffs


After that I loitered around Bugis Junction and Raffles City, all the while trying to think of a more appropriate place to seek refuge from the downpour. Eventually I found an Internet cafe in Bras Basah Complex, and spent about 40 minutes there. Then by 7 pm, I made my way to CHIJMES, waiting there for a while, playing on my PSP to kill boredom. The moment the Fel fans came out, that could mean one thing... the event had ended early and that beautiful gal is about to come out anytime soon. No, not Chi-ling, but Felicia. And indeed i was right!! :-D



She looks like an angel, don't you think? :-)



Yep, I got to take picture with Fel again! I managed to give her a column of raspberry sweets before she drove off... which turns out to be quite a coincidence cos raspberry is similar to cherry.


No sign of Ping Hui at CHIJMES though, he might have gone off liao. But that doesn't matter, cos the better half of the 'mission' has been accomplished (never mind if i was sweating like mad). Before leaving CHIJMES, I did that Shawn Michaels thing again... kneel down on ground and give thanks to God!! :-p

No comments: