Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dont let your idol worship control you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AYU, RUBY LIN AND FANN WONG

I haf been reading a friend's blog recently... these words somewhat rang true (this Mr X was referring to a certain fish faced Mr W, whom I seem to know):
Don't get carried away with those whom u idolise. The more u focus too much on them, the more it will screw up your own real life. The best way is just to move on with your life, and forget wat happened in the past...
So wat if a famous person got kicked out of the competition, and suddenly u broke down by thinking the whole world doesn't support him/her? Come on, get real with it! U juz can't undo anything to make a person come back with the competition....
So long one is happy with him/herself, u don't need to be sad or disappointed! Sadly, there're ppl who love to throw their frustrations even after one is being kicked out from the contest....
So what if u support them fully? And wat will u get in return? Sometimes, in life like this, u shd know where u stand, and must think in a realistic way. This is a real world, not an ideal world....
One final note i wd like to touch: get a life. Just get a life. Dun focus your life wholly on someone whom you idolise. It will eventually screw up your life... Focus on something useful, and get a life...


Thinking back on last year, I was glad I never let my support towards the Singapore Idols and the Mediacorp celebs go way overboard. At what cost? The cost of my own sanity? I nearly let my support for Rui En take over my mindset some 2 years ago. And even as I get back to my senses, i come across a totally immature guy (Mr Yeow) who keeps bugging me wif SMSes on how crazy he is over Fiona and Rui En... and how disappointed he was when Fiona refused to acknowledge him, and how he would often drink to his heart's despair. From what I heard, even his close friends and family don't want to haf anything to do wif him. Can't believe that Mr Yeow is continue to live in his own idealistic world even as I speak. Looks like I shant help him wif his 'quest' to meet Jade Seah in person after all. Truth be told, I still dont trust him completely, given the few times he tried to manipulate me into helping him get a gift for his fave artistes. This Mr Yeow is such a naive twit.
Makes me wonder why I even want to make friends wif such obsessive people in first place. No matter how hard I try to get them back on the right track, they never seem to help themselves. I mean, look at me...

I would haf chosen not to follow Singapore Idol any further after Gayle got kicked out. But NO... I chose to move on and appreciate the other Idols there, and eventually my 'heartache' wore off. Ditto when Meryl pulled out from the competition to concentrate on her studies.

I would haf stopped watching SI for good when Hady, Jonathan and Mathilda were at the Bottom 3 in one of the episodes. But NO... I still continued to attend the recordings in spite of the unfair judgment (I would still do so even if Jasmine were to be eliminated earlier).

I would haf continued whining over Jasmine's elimination on the Final Spectaculars Results show and taken out your frustrations onto others. But NO... I was still very happy for Jasmine making it this far, and I continued to be in good terms wif the other Jasmine fans.

And most recently, I would haf whined non-stop for missing out on the chance to see Felicia once again at Hougang Mall after having planned my own schedule without much thought. But I didn't wallow in my own guilt, I just carried on wif my own affairs and looked forward to each challenge wif a postitve mind.

Mr W, if ur reading this, I haf this to say to u, SERIOUSLY... PLEASE DO NOT MOPE OVER JASMINE'S ELIMINATION, AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!! IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE VENTING YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ONTO OTHERS AND LET YOUR OBSESSION CONTROL YOUR WHOLE LIFE, THEN I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU ARE ALREADY DESTROYING YOUR OWN SOUL. DID YOU NOT PROMISE ME EARLIER THAT YOU WILL FORGET ALL THE BAD STUFF THAT HAPPENED IN THE YEAR 2006 AND MOVE ON???
On the flipside of things, I really cannot imagine what would haf happened if Fiona or Rui En didnt win the Most Popular Female Artsistes Awards last year... Mr Yeow would be cursing and crying like a baby. As for me, I would be strong and be happy for them still. And I DON'T SEE THE NEED TO BUY THEM PRESENTS AT EVERY EVENT... except maybe on their birthdays (not compulsory anyway).
So to me, it's not just how u control your own emotions over the artistes... it's also how u deal wif certain situations (such as the elimination of your fave contestant). And that's exactly what im going to do when I see the artistes at Centrepoint on 4th Feb and Bishan J8 on 11th Feb :-)
Speaking abt the SI contestants, I realised that I do miss them plenty... but at least there's still the wonderful memories to cherish right?

No comments: