Sunday, July 05, 2009

Different fairs for the weekend

Happy Birthday to...
4th July- Andy and Shirley Tan
5th July- Shane Filan and Joanne Lin

For the weekend, I went to 2 different fairs at different places...

Yesterday
I worked in morning shift, and then went to City Hall region. While looking around the HMV outlet at City Link Mall, suddenly got "Bad" being played at full blast, and yes the MJ compilation albums (namely "MJ Number Ones" and "Essential MJ") were sold at special discount. After having lunch at Marina Square, I went straight to Suntec Convention for the TGX games fair. There were guys and girls dressed in Japanese character attire, and more hotties in tight white Samsung dresses. There was even a plump guy dressed as Super Mario, with a 'mystery brick' (a paper bag with a question mark) containing a toy mushroom. There were plenty of LAN center sections, mostly dealing with either Counterstrike or WarCraft (games that I am totally not interested in). I was kinda attracted to the sweet and curvy babe in white dress manning a Para-Para like sector known as i-Game. One very cool highlight was when Michael Jackson's "Beat It" was being played at the intereactive game known as "Guitar Hero". Oh yes, I saw Michelle Lee and Xue Sha from "S-Factor" at the Dota Garena game section, they were dressed in white jackets, white vests and very tight grey shorts.

At the window region within a very empty and open Level 3, there were plenty of photographers taking picture of various characters. There was one hot young gal in white kimono whose oozing sex appeal and very tight swimsuit-like attire made me feel very tight at the lower region... kinda reminded me of the Sorceress from the original He-Man series (if you get what I mean, hee hee!). I had dinner at Bras Basah before heading back home.

Click here for TGX Games Fair photo album.

Today
Sunday service in the morning, Pastor Reuben made a very crude joke on Michael Jackson... he and his friends were talking abt the recent passing of MJ, and one of them said that the only possible reason why MJ couldn't be cremated in Neverland Ranch or any part of California was because "burning of plastic was not allowed there" (get the joke?). Hahaha... anyway, after service, I went to City Hall region to have lunch, then I went to the Singapore Art Musuem to attend some Toy Carnival there. Lo and behold, I saw abt a dozen stormtroopers, plus a few bounty hunters and even Darth Vader. At the toy fair itself, there were lots of Star Wars and Transformers toys, plus a bit on Terminator, Iron Man and Alien vs Predator. At the entrance, there was a very sweet-faced girl selling bread-shaped toys. I even saw an original oil painting of Michael Jackson, hee hee!! :-p

But what really caught my attention was a sweet, petite, innocent girl in very hot Ghostbusters attire... makes me wish I could become Venom. Moments after Kamen Rider V3, a Stormtrooper and a Scout Trooper emulated the statues of De La Salle and the 2 students at the top of SJI, I finally overcame my shyness and asked the cutie pie if I could take picture with her (of course she said yes). After regaining my composure, I walked to Plaza Singapura to check out more toys at Level 7, then went to watch the 3 pm show of "Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen". Indeed it is a noisy, complex but fun movie... I think I shall rate the film 6.5 out of 10 stars. Way too many robots being used in the show, thank goodness I chose to stick with Power Rangers. I tell you, the combination sequence for the Constructicon titan Devastator was f'ing scary.

Anyway, I managed to survive the heavy downpour in the evening and with a takeaway of Personal Pan-sized Hawaiian Pizza for dinner. To end the day off, my bro and I watched "Best of Michael Jackson Top 40 Hits" from 7 to 11 pm, a special aired sometime before MJ's 50th birthday last August. From 11 pm to 12.30 am, comes the 2009 BET Awards, which as we all know was made into a tribute show for the late MJ at the last minute. It's a real shame that the King of Pop will never get to turn a year older come August 29th, with his tragic passing... :-(

Click here for Toy Carnival at SAM photo album.

No comments: