Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter gala premiere at Lido Cineplex

Happy Birthday to Ivy Lee, Matthew and Wen Jie
Arghh, it's my 1000th post!!! :-O

After knocking off from work at 6 pm ytd, I took direct bus to Orchard Road, spent some time at Wheellock Place, Michael Jackson's greatest hits being played within Borders, and there were lots of magazines at the Entertainment section featuring Jacko's face on cover.


At about 7 pm, I went to Shaw House to try spotting any celeb involved in the gala premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" (aka Harry Potter Part 6).


So far I saw Pan Lingling with husband Huang Shinan and their 2 lovable sons... sorry for not being able to take a good shot of their faces.


Then I saw Jade Seah and her younger brother (the young boy in maroon shirt).


And lastly, Amy Cheng (another hot mama, hee!) wih her older son Joshua. Apparently, Zoe was also involved, evident with the few diehard Zoe fans who were present there. I think her older son Brayden (now 4 years old) went with her too...


Oh yeah, I also saw the Ghostbuster Girl there!! It was easy to recognise her with the bangs as well as that super sweet smile. Yes, I am referring to that sweet-faced hottie who nearly gave me heartburn with that sexy beige-colored outfit at the Singapore Art Musueum... only this time, she was more covered up in hogswart uniform like the other fans. Oh well, she still looked as sweet and demure as ever... and I'm such a dork, I don't even know her name (let's just call her Susie).


As you can see, the security guards resort to sealing up all cameras and cam phones into large envelopes before keeping them somewhere safe, so as to prevent anyone from secretly taking pictures or video-recording while watching the film.

I had quick dinner at KFC, then went to look around the toy section located at Level 4 of Shaw House; I never intended to wait for the stars to come out anyway. While recent MJ songs like "Heal The World" and "You Are Not Alone" were being played, I got to see the new G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra action figures... Destro, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow look very cool. But Cobra Commander was simply the most frightening with his badly burnt face (think Two-Face or Darkman).


And yeah, I went to check out the near-complete Ion Orchard on my way to the underpass. The new shopping complex will offically open on 21st July. Reached home at 9 plus in time to watch WWE Raw. :-)

On a side note, I am truly surprised by Fiona Xie's decision to pull out from the upcoming year-end blockbuster "Together" due to "personal reasons"... maybe she's scared of losing out the spotlight to Jeanette Aw or something. Or maybe she hated being typecast as a seductress, given the flak she got for some of her more recent TV roles. No wonder Zoe labelled her as a "public enemy among women" as stated in Wan Bao. I do hope she comes up with a good explanation... and it better be soon.

No comments: