Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Filming at Sentosa

Happy (belated) Birthday to Lilian Garcia and Desmond Tan

Yesterday I was greeted with an SMS from Khai stating that it will be the last day of production for "Calefare", and it would be held at...

Siloso Beach, Sentosa!!! Finally, a chance to explore the place once again... haven't been there for nearly 3 years :-)

Once I understood the message, I quickly got changed and began my rather long journey to Harborfront. I had no idea that the cable car fare was rather expensive... still, I must say that it truly was a breathtaking ride in the cable car, never mind if it was raining rather heavily.

Below are pictures I took while in the elevator leading up to the cable car station.


Here are pictures taken during the ride in the cable car.


After which, I took a Blue Line bus to Siloso Point, where the beach was located. It wasn't hard for me to find the meeting place, Trapizza Restaurant... there were a few babelicious female calefares waiting there, but I was more focused on knowing my role for the scene rather than glancing at the girls.


By then, the rain got much worse, and filming took place under a huge shelter. Nearly the whole cast was involved except Vadi. At one point, I got goosebumps all over cos Tracy stood next to me!! :-O
White and red- Gurmit
Bright pink and orange- Fiona
Green and khaki- Benjamin
Yellow and orange- Mastura
Black all over- Tracy


The first part of filming (involving the calefares) ended at 11 plus, and all the calefares headed back to Trapizza. At one point, one of the actresses (guess which one) was standing rather near me... me seated down and playing my PSP, her back facing mine. Errrr.... riiiiiight, no funny ideas here!! By 12 plus, I decided to leave the beach, but not before snapping the cast at a bus stop not far from Trapizza.


Hmmm... this Shark Boy in a poster found in front of Underwater World sure looks a lot like Benjamin. Wonder if it's really him...? I better ask him asap.

I took a Red Line bus to Imbiah Point, took a few photos around...

and eventually I found the Merlion. Not the one at Fullerton Road, but the much bigger one made some 10 years ago. A whooping 37 m tall... my very first time seeing this majestic creature at close range. :-)


Then I took a train back to Vivo City. Another moment of awe as the newly improved monorail (air-con!!) travelled along the tracks towering over the bridgelink between Sentosa and the Harborfront.


Certainly a trip to remember... maybe one of these days I should explore the place even more if I have the time :-)


This was what I did after having lunch at Vivo City...

1330 to 1415 hrs- took long train journey (3 trains in fact) to Changi
1415 to 1500 hrs- re-explored Terminal 3
1530 to 1630 hrs- waited for Dad to arrive
1630 to 1700 hrs- both of us explored T3
1800 hrs- reached back home safely
1845 hrs- Myself, Dad and Mum had dinner
1930 hrs- Dad and I attended WIN night... back in duty after 2 months of absence
2330 hrs- off to slumberland!

No comments: