Monday, October 19, 2009

Sacrifices to make...

I was wise to hav chosen to head back home instead of waste time at Orchard Road from 7 to 9 pm, and then head to Radiogate at 10 plus to wait for the MDC celebs... cos that's what I initially planned to do, since the Project Hope charity show started at 8.30 pm and will end in a few minutes time. I mean look, I obviously need to take a rest after a busy day at work... moreover if I chose to go to Rg to wait for Nat or Joanne, that would just sound silly (esp since I have to report to work the next day). It will be even sillier if I were to take taxi back home after that. Work is my main priority for now, there's more to life than just chasing stars or going for roadshows on weekends... something I hadn't been doing so often nowadays. That's like disrespect for the victims of the recent earthquake in the Sotheast Asian region.

Speaking bout roadshows (or the lack thereof), it bummed me a great lot when I found out about the Charity Car Wash that is to take place at Dempsey Hill this coming Saturday, the birthday for a certain Princess whom I want to see again. Sigh, if only the event were held on Sunday instead of Saturday, then I confirm will be able to make it. I haf no choice but to give the entire event a miss, due to work in the entire afternoon. Won't be able to see First Class vs Fighting Spiders, Polo Boys vs FHM Gals, or even SI 3 Top 8 vs SI 2 alumni (arghhh!!!). I may be going to MediaCorp reception after knocking off from work though... is it all worth the sacrifice? Maybe so, given my current priorities i.e. my full-time job.

Still in the topic of MediaCorp... although I chose not to go there today, I will still be heading there on Wednesday evening!! I managed to win a pair of tickets for the live recording of Singapore Idol Top 9 Spectaculars!! YEAH BABY!!! :-D

No comments: