Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thoughts on Singapore Idol Top 8


Happy Birthday to Teddy Zeng and Rachel T
Happy (Advanced) Birthday to Pierre Png, Martin Tan, Mae Sta Maria and Charles Wong


The results were disastrous to say the least. Why must it be all girls in the Bottom 3 again?!? And as a matter of fact, 2 of them are consistent performers, namely Tabitha and Sylvia. I was very close to getting cardiac arrest the moment I saw my fave SI 3 contestants in the Bottom 3. If Sylvia were sent home, I would be flipping of the seat.


While I wasn't too surprised that Malaque was the one whose Idol journey came to an end, I have to admit that I am extremely upset over the fact that Duane Ho (who was brought out alongside the Arab beauty) is announced safe yet again!! In the meantime, both Charles and Mae, who share same birthday tomorrow, will be returning next week as well (whoops, my bad at making wrong predictions!!). Sezairi and Faizal are also coming back next week. Already I can picture Duane as equivalent to brickbats such as Jerry Ong and Victor Tang, both who got lambasted for their weak vocals and probably using backhand tactics to stay on longer in the running.

If the elimination pace for this season goes the way of Singapore Idol 2 (i.e. girls eliminated for 3 consecutive weeks, leaving only one gal left), then I say that the possibility of seeing a female contestant in the Finals... is very low indeed. And with the Top 5 Spectacular approaching, dont be surprised if the Judges' Save is made this coming Wed, and when that happens... 2 contestants are confirmed to be sent home on 11th Nov. In the meantime, I hope that Singapore gets it right. Vote for soeone with true talent, someone who is consistent and can hold his/her own.

And err... I seriously hate to say this, but I will really cease watching Singapore Idol 3 for good if Duane does make it to Final 5, or if there is only one girl left by the time of the Top 5 Spectacular.

So please fellow Singaporeans... if you don't want the competition to go the way of "Live The Dream" (with a not so good singer in the finals) or even the way of the past seasons of Singapore Idol (2 guys in the finals), then can I ask you all to please vote wisely, or as Phua Chu Kang would say, "USE YOUR BRAIN!!"

No comments: