Friday, October 02, 2009

Summary of reservist duty, plus brief thoughts on SI 3 Top 12

Sigh, the reservist duty that I am in the midst of is slowly ruining my motivation to blog, yet I still feel I had to blog a bit about it, even if I don't feel like it. Going around in No 4 uniform plus grey shirt feels like prisoner attire to me, and practicing on parking under the hot sun is close to making me suffer from bipolar disorder (sorry, Ris Low).

Tomorrow is the last day of the 6-day ICT period at Mandai Camp 2, and already it feels like "the longest week" to me. The driving sessions are the most difficult times for me, esp since it's the first time i'm handling a longer vehicle (not to forget that I hadn't been driving for abt 5 years). Anyway, his was what I did from Monday to Friday...

Monday- introduction to prime mover, introducton to parallel parking plus angular parking, driving prime mover without trailer

Tuesday- driving prime mover with flatbed trailer and metal box, parking practice, and coupling practice.

Wednesday- driving prime move with lowtrailer and forklift, more parking practice, more coupling practice, night driving from 6.30 to 7.45 pm.

Thursday- More nerve-racking driving and parking practice plus enduring ear-piercing yelling from some DIs. Managed to pass coupling test at 9 min 20 sec, a vast improvement from the timings for the practice sessions. :-)

Friday- managed to pass angular parking test, but not parallel parking. In fact, I could have passed at the first try, but one miscalculation got me marked with a major fault (grazed the pole, dohhh!!). Remainder of us dismissed at 4.45 pm after more intense practice.

Wish me all the best of luck for tomorrow... hope I can pass my 3rd attempt in the Parallel Parking Test and then go ahead with the dreadful Class 4S Driving Test.

Ok, now to talk about Singapore Idol 3. This time round I am gonna keep my thoughts rather brief, since I don't follow the series as closely as the first 2 seasons. On Wed, I managed to reach home at around 9 pm, in time to catch the last half of the Top 12 Spectaculars. The performances seemed rather lacklustre, and Ken Lim talked a little longer than the norm, some of his criticism sounding kinda dull or unconstructive. The 2nd finalist to be sent home is the doctor-in-waiting, Justin Jap. Ok, maybe I changed my mind on disliking the nerdy-looking fella, he didn't seem too bad with Rick Astley's "Together Forever" (though it did seem quite awkward). But I will still continue to frown upon the song choices of a certain teen from Central known as Mr DH... why on earth is he always picking songs by female singers?? To be truthful, Mr DH's live performances are quite a pain to watch even now, I still continue to switch channels after viewing the first 30 seconds of each performance... I got this feeling that Malaque might be next to go, given the fact that she is in the Bottom 2 group yet again.

No comments: