Sunday, August 23, 2009

Redemption for a missed opportunity

Happy Birthday to Lilian Garcia, Nathaniel Ho and Peiling Tan
Start of the Virgo Star


Yesterday
After finishing afternoon shift with 2 fellow colleagues by 6 plus, I took a cab to Raffles Place... only to miss the stunt by minutes. But from what I saw from the pictures and video, the stunt is nothing short of incredible... Ning and a Volkswagen STI were teleported from the showroom to Raffles Place Park in 8.5 seconds!! Although I missed ou on the stunt, I nevertheless managed to redeem myself by queuing up for the autograph-cum-photo taking session with both JC and Ning. I stayed around a little longer til abt 7 pm, then took train to Expo Hall, for some Megatex event as well as have dinner. The IT fair at Hall 5B wasn't very interesting (as in no hot babes at all), though the computers, TV sets and other devices were amazing to look at. I went to Bedok and took bus back home... doing some Battlefront gaming in my PSP and sleeping early.

To see the pictures, go here.

Today
Went for church service with family of course. Topic is on Jesus feeding the five thousand with very few loaves of bread and fish. After service ended at 10 plus, I stayed around a little longer before going to Bugis for exercise. Then I headed off to Orchard Central to recce the place for a while... it seems rather quiet and looked identical to Clarke Quay Central in terms of concept. Oh, and the stage for the Michael Jackson dance contest has been set up for some time liao... matter of fact, the semi-finals had just passed, and the finals is this Saturday!! :-D

After hanging around at Ion Orchard and Wheelock Place (something I hadn't done as often as before, given my work commitments), I bought some donuts back and headed back home. Spent the rest of the day slogging on computer and having dinner with family. Yep, that's how my weekend went... stay tuned for photos while I get this Blogger error fixed. :-/

No comments: