Sunday, December 13, 2009

8 days 1000th issue celebration at Iluma

December 12th
Right after the SI Top 2 roadshow at Jurong Point ended, Naomi and myself took train to Iluma. Missed out on Ann Kok who was there at 3 pm, but that didnt matter. Christy Yow got on stage a few minutes after 4 pm and talked about the movie she appearas in, "Chinese Rose". Some of us then queued up to take picture with Christy at the Canon photo booth. I nearly fainted upon close contact with that despicable Lei Jun (known for his horrendous BO)... once a skunk, always a skunk, what more can I say?

Andie came at 5 plus and talked about his role reprisal as Tony Lee in the upcoming "Fighting Spiders Season 2", then went to the 8 days covers exhibit section to pose for a few photos. I stayed around a bit longer to look through the various covers, and then went off to Shaw Towers to have quick dinner. I nearly went berserk after a short dialogue with Mr K (forever wearing bermudas and slippers!! Pls stop it already!!!), on my way to bus stop. The more he talks, the more I feel like giving him a Spear. I didn't even wanna hear his story on his most recent conflict with whichever fanclub... this is precisely why I don't ever join local singers' fanclubs, not even Rachel Leong (geddit!!).

December 13th
I went to church in the morning, did brilliance control duty (aka brightness and contrast adjustment for side cameras) for morning service. After that, I had lunch with Mother and Brother at Hk Cafe, then headed off to Iluma by bus... reached Bugis at 12.30 pm.

There were quite a lot of fans present at Iluma, majority of them were fans of Sezairi and Sylvia, with about 8 NATural fans seated in the middle (most of them went up on stage later). The artistes on stage from 2 to 3 plus were the Polo Boys (Nat, Kiwi and Julian Low), the ladies from the upcoming drama "The Pupil" (Rebecca Lim, Janice Koh and Elfaeza Ul Haq), and last but not least, the Singapore Idol season 3 finalists (Sezairi and Sylvia). The 1000th cover of 8 days was unveiled and it featured Cherie Lim, Zoe Tay and Joanne Peh (as well as an animated version of Angelina Jolie) dressed in specially esigned dresses bearing all previous 8 days covers).

By 3 plus, the SI fans had dispersed and left Iluma, taking over front row position were the Felicity fans as well as the Jollity fans. Urghhh, it's that guy in bermudas and slippers again... 3rd time I had seen him in a row!! Also, Mr Hao Lian (the guy in formal clothes) and his stuttering younger brother were present. Suhaimi got on stage before 4 pm and promoted the upcoming okto show "Those Were The Days". He then conducted a few kampung-themed games with a few fans as players, including "Jacky Cheung" who so happened to be at the front row (kena chosen, no self-volunteered)... he didnt win the rubber band knotting round, but at least he didnt go loony, like the other time at Chinatown Point.

5 pm... Felicia finally came!! She looked really sweet and beautiful in black dress, but she wasn't feeling well... her voice sounded kinda raspy and for an instance, I thought she sounded like Sylvia Ratonel, hee hee!! The onstage game was for 3 fans to pose like Felicia as seen on one of the pages seen in Issue 984... the fans were a plump guy in Japan-themed shirt who seemed to have a big ego, a young lady with good figure in white top and a weird middle aged lady who likes to snoop into other people's bags. Fel left the place at around 4.20 pm, surrounded by lots of security guards. One of the security guards pushed me so hard, he nearly bruised my face. When Mr Hao Lian saw the card that I made for Felicia, he tried to start a conversation with me, I simply told him to "talk to the hand".

I took taxi to Radiogate alongside Eric, and Felicia came out at 6.05 pm. Abt 20 of us fansqueued up to get autographs as well as take pic with the beautiful Miss Chin. Mission accomplished!! After having dinner at Great World City (Eric needed me to accompany him back to his workplace, so I obliged) I went back home feeling very happy. But deep down, I am actually not pleased with a few guys (Mr S and Mr F) who chose not to go for the event. I am also very pissed with those 2 idiots Melvin and Paul who keep taking too many solo pics of Fel... when will they ever stop!!! They seriously need some Attitudde Adjustment.

Click on the following links to view photos...
Photo album for Day 1
Photo album for Day 2 Part 1
Photo album for Day 2 Part 2

No comments: