Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My thoughts on the year 2009...

Happy Birthday to Tiger Woods, Deborah Chan and Marcus Ng...
(Yes, I do mean THAT Tiger Woods!!! 'Nuff said.)
Rest in peace, "Dr Death" Steve Williams (he died ytd after a 6-yr battle with throat cancer)

What a year indeed. So many ups and downs. Economic crisis, AWARE controversy, and even the cotroversies surrounding the former Miss Singapore World 2009. yes, Im talking abt the tramp who invented the ultimate word BOOMZ.

Firstly I wanna talk abt myself. For me, life has been quite smooth sailing overall... the year started with a rather bad patch, with me being released from my temporary position in EBIS in late January, right after Chinese New Year. Of course, it didn't quite sit well with me for a while. Come to think abt it, I seriously loathe going to work in formal attire, plus a desk job is so not what I want. The months February to May have been kinda mix of boredom and frustration... boredom cos I couldnt do anything much other than surf Net or attend animation classes, and frustattion cos I couldn't get a full-time job.

And then came the Hope Fair at Faith Methodist Church in early May, a fair meant for people looking for jobs or trying to cope with retrenchment. Had I not picked out a few flyers there and volunteered to go for walk-in interview for one of them, I probably would be slacking away for 7 months. After being accepted into SKS Books in mid May, the rest is history. I learnt to strike a balance between work commitments and weekend events.

And then of course, there's the wonderful friends I made in 2009, not forgetting those I am still in contac with since 2005. Mostly MediaCorp fans that is. AND not forgetting the Top 12 Singapore Idols... the ones I like more are Sylvia, Tabitha, Malaque, Nurul Huda, Charles, Faizal and Farhan. In fact, had it not been for Season 3, I wouldn't even have met Faizal, whom I had known 3 years prior!!

We should not forget those famous people who had passed away... people like Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Stephen Gately, Patirck Swayze, David Carradine, Jade Goody, Ted Kennedy, Brittany Murphy and Eki Fatu aka Umaga, to name a few. The passing of Michael Jackson on June 25th is obviously one that has shocked me (and everyone around the world) the most. I mean look, he is the King of Pop, the most original artiste in te music world, and yet also the most controversial person, with his ever-changing appearance and eccentricties making headlines.

Here's looking forward to a better 2010 :-)

No comments: