Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Singapore Idol Top 3 Spectaculars, and afterthoughts

Happy Birthday to Kurt Angle and Nurulain

Man, I am truly over the moon... along with many other screaming fans who were at MediaCorp theater last night. Sylvia Ratonel, the hot babe who never fails to bedazzle me with her beauty and vocal prowess, is going to the Finals on December 27th, alongside the versatile musician Sezairi. As for Tabby, she ended up 3rd place, but left on a high note.


Ok first and foremost, I had d
inner with Ishardi and Naomi at McDonald's outlet opposite Amk Hub, trying to recover from staring at too many hot babes in short pants. From there, we met Sariah who gave us a lift to MediaCorp. I said hi to "Michael Jackson" at the parking lot and the mosh pit group was finally let into the theater at around 7.45 pm. And thank god there was no sign of that faggot Sherry!! But what puzzled me was... what was he doing at the reception on Thursday evening?


Once inside the theater, we had a whale of a time. I tell you my eyes were fixed on Sylvia for the whole 5 minutes when she sang "Angel" (I'm not just referring to her figure)... she totally nailed it there, as well as for the second song. Sezairi did pretty well too, but Tabby didn't seem very good with her first song. The preview of the 3 judges on cover of 8 days as mightily hilarious... the one with Ken and his older son was decent, but the 1992 covers of Flo and Dick with retro 80s hairdos were shocking!! The Ousted Idols who came for the recording were the usual: Duane, Farhan, Malaque and Nurul. During the live coverage for News 5, it was Gurmit chatting with Ken Lim.


Little did I expect that abominable scum named Sean Koh Tze Seng to be present at Mdc Theater (and to think that he's from the same poly as Tabby, urghhh!!). I personally felt that Shawn Tok (yes, the CSS 2 champ!!) who was rooting for Tabby is a hell lot better than Mr Koh. If I had things my way, I would have called out Duane and Farhan to give Sean Koh a 3-D through the judges' table, muahahaha!! :-p

Results show at 10 pm... Sylvia's name announced first, followed by Sezairi's. Already i could see most of the young ang moh girls in Tabby's sector crying, as well as Shawn Tok.


As always, the long wait at the reception wasn't a pleasant one, with fans going into a "Scream-Off" and everyone feeling very stuffy with the lights so dim and the aircons turned off. The Idols (7 of them) came out at around 11.30 pm... most of the attention was on the Top 3. I took pic with Sylvia first, then with Tabby, and finally with Sezairi. Last spotted Tabby going out with Duane and Farhan. I reached home at around 12.40 am after 2 bus rides.

On a personal note, I had come to realize that I shouldn't even have made that dare that I would "stop watching Singapore Idol should there not be a girl in the Finals", that was just a silly thing to do. I very nearly didnt want to follow the series at first, back in June I was rather skeptical towards the show as a whole. But the cynicism is gone totally, with 2 strongest competitors making it to the Finals. Sylvia and Sezairi truly deserved to be in the Finals, they really do. I'm so looking forward to December 27th. Can't wait to see them again at Jurong Point this coming Saturday... :-)

No comments: