Saturday, December 05, 2009

Going for 2 events on the 1st Sat of Dec

Happy Birthday to Kang Jia Xi, Kang Cheng Xi and Serena
Oh my god!!! I had no idea that former wrestler Eddie Fatu aka Umaga passed away!!! :-O

I had gone for 2 events earlier today, the Together roadshow at Jurong Point and the Prince n Princess semis-finals at Eastpoint Mall. It's been quite a while since I last attended roadshow events on a Saturday morning...

The first event was something I planned to go in advance, when I reached there at 9 am, the queue was rather long. I did manage to go for quick brunch at Burger King downstairs, then rejoined the queue. By 12 noon, the entire region was packed with lots of people (much like the Little Nyonya roadshow at Compass Point last year). The event started a few minutes early, with Brandon Wong as the host. The artistes involved in the autographed session were Dai Yang Tian, Jeanette Aw, Elvin Ng, Eelyn Kok, Zhang Zhenhuan, Constance Song, Hong Huifang and Zheng Geping. The fanclubs that came in full force were the Elvinology fans, the Jeanius fans and the DYT fans. It was very very difficult squeezing through so many people right after we got our calendars signed. Oh yes, I did notice tht stinkbomb Lei Jun among the queue of 400, he still looked as disgusting and fugly as always. I also saw someone I didn't like, wonder when she would ever lose that pink woolen cap...

The second one was something like a last minute decision, mostly cos it was raining very heavily and most of the celebs involved had to go back to studio for rehearsals for the SPD Charity Show. So after the last 400 calendars were given out, I took train with 2 more friends (they were headed for Bugis for some other event)... since the journey from Boon Lay to Simei was rather long, I decided to take a short nap. To be frank, I was actually a little bored watching the kids perform (that wasnt my main priority btw), the only performance that truly got me lightened was a Malay boy dancing to Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal". Also, I was clearly distracted by the sheer sweetness of the gals in white giving away the cheques. Genecia sang a decent endition of "You Raise Me Up", she looked too much like Madonna (early 90s era) with her hair tied back into a long ponytail (where's her pointed bra, haha!!). After taking pic with Gene, Ish went back home, and I went for dinner at KFC, then reached home at 8.30 pm.

No comments: