Sunday, December 03, 2006

Very moving story on peace within us

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BERNARD AND JASMINE TYE!!!

I went, or rather, was invited to her church earlier today... for the very first time, I saw her as a down-to-earth individual like myself... I saw her as a child of God, a sister in Christ and a friend worth knowing, cherishing and even loving.
I felt so grateful to haf known her family for these past few months... the strong bond I had built with her family and friends is something I can never take for granted... and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to know such wonderful people. Ditto for the chance to know my colleagues at Mos Burger and all those around me.
The message preached during service was on the peace within our hearts... the peace that comes from heaven, that assures the presence of Almighty God, how it enables us to overcome circumstances, and how it can rule in our hearts. The story that truly moved and inspired me was on a lawyer-cum-spiritual Christian named Horatio Gates Spafford, better known as the author of the hymn titled "It Is Well With My Soul". He may haf lost all his work in the Great Chicago Fire, and lost all his daughters in a tragic boat accident, but he kept his faith in the Lord strong in spite of his brokenness, and was inspired to write the aofrementioned hymn. He and his wife then led a small American contingent in 1881 to Jerusalem to form a Christian utopian society known as the "American Colony".
For more info on Horatio Spafford, click on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford
For info on the hymn that he wrote, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_With_My_Soul

This song below, I dedicate to Kai Leng and the Jonatics... and not to forget the girl I like (not the one mentioned earlier... but if u think so, then it's ok too).

Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol
(Same song sung by Jonathan Leong during the Singapore Idol Finals)

We'll do it all, everything, on our own
We don't need anything or anyone

If I lay here... if I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

I don't quite know how to say how I feel
Those three words, here said too much, they're not enough

If I lay here... if I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget lay the world

Forget what we're told... before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads
I need your grace to remind me to find my own

If I lay here... if I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

Forget what we're told... before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am... and all that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where... confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here... if I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world



No comments: