Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CSS 2... joke of the year!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREAT KHALI, RYAN AND MYLENE


Attendance for the past 2 days was at its worst once again (only 8 people today???)... still I got to watch Rush Hour 3 once more (wif some help from James)... and complete a certain test for CSM (a rather tough enquiry letter).
While I dont haf anything to say abt the usual absentees, I do haf something to say abt the Campus Superstar finals!! I may not be a follower of the show at all, but I know too well that CSS had gotta be the lamest concept ever thought of in 25 years of showbiz. And the winner of CSS season 2 had gotta be the BIGGEST JOKE, in the form of a really small boy (see the irony?) named Shawn Tok. I cant believe he could actually get more votes than Benjamin... things might haf been better if Shawn didnt make it past the Revival Round. I never thought that this small kid whose vocals aren't so good can upstage the taller guys to emerge at the top; the moment Shawn survived the semi-finals, I was thinking, "Die liao, he sure going to win this, no doubt.". I am so ashamed of the results, I cant comment anymore on this. I feel its is really a big waste for the young kids to splurge their money by SMSing non-stop to vote for their faves, and then they end up paying a lot of money for their phone bills and giving more smiles to Mediacorp. It would be much better if CSS neger came back for a second season... last yr's winner Chee Yang is many times better than Shawn btw. EVEN Joakim is much better. Shawn as champion of CSS 2 is clearly the best example of an individual being chosen by popularity rather than talent.
On another note, I find it very biased that the winners for all the singing competitions (except Talentime 2000 perhaps?) are male. If the solo winners for solo or group category for "Live The Dream" are male, I think Im gonna fall off the chair...