Monday, November 02, 2009

INQ roadshow Day 2... seeing Mr Bear once more

Yesterday started off with me doing brilliance control for the camera output during church service (morning). After that, I went to Chinatown to have lunch, and I headed down to China Square Central to check some toys. I couldn't believe my luck, there was a jumbo toys sale going on at Levels 1 and 2, plus some of the WWE toys were sold at special rate. And so I bought a Rey Mysterio toy and an additional John Cena toy (meant for someone else) at only 15 dollars, plus a few accessories. Before taking bus to Bugis region, I managed to find 3 cats along Hong Lim Complex and take lotsa pictures of them.

Upon reaching Bugis, I went to buy ticket for "Michael Jackson's This Is It" at Iluma, at about 1.30 pm. Seeing that I still had plenty of time before the show which starts at 2.40 pm, I went to hang around Bugis Junction, just to kill time. Then I went back to Iluma to watch "This Is It"... it's a damn awesome movie, portrays the late MJ as a lively and energetic star who could still pull it off in spite of his failing health and crumbling face. Stay tuned for an upcoming post consisting on my thoughts about the film...

After I left the cinema at 4.40 pm, I took train to Dhoby Ghaut, meeting up with 4 Elves (fans of Elvinology) at HK Cafe located at Level 6 of Plaza Sing, that was where we would have our dinner. We then met up with 2 more Elves and hanged around the place til about 7.20 pm.

Event started at 8 pm sharp, Elvin arrived just on time. Man, it's been about 5 months since most of us last saw him... coincidentally, the last time we saw him was at the Open Plaza stage at Plaza Sing on 31st May. 2 Elves kena sabo'ed by the rather 'merciless' host to play the same game that I was involved in. The response for the photo-taking session that came after the onstage activities was better than that for DYT, mostly due to the fact that more people are familiar with Elvin who has been in showbiz for about 3 years (not to forget that he's the face of Shokubutsu for Men). After Elvin left the place abt 10 minutes before 9 pm, that's when all of us went separate ways. :-)

For more photos, go here... INQ roadshow part 2
For photos of the cats found at Hong Lim Complex, click here.

No comments: