Friday, November 27, 2009

Totally slack day on HRH

Happy Birthday to Benedict Goh, Terrence Quah, Meixin Chen, Meryl Joan Lee and Cindy Yap

Ok to make things easier, here is an account on what I did during the past few days...


Wednesday, 25th November
Went to work as usual, and right after knocking off at 6 pm, I took the longer route to MediaCorp... take bus to Orchard, then train to Ang Mo Kio, and another bus to MDC. Lucky I never took cab, cos I was running very low on cash. Once I reached Mdc at 7.20 pm, I went into the theater with friends (about 10 of us) and we were saeted at Sector C (quite similar to the sector as used during Top 6 Spectaculars). We watched the Top 4 Idols sing 2 songs each... a cover song as well as an original song written by the Idols themselves.

During the 1-hr break, there was a special performance by 2 local guys (man, I don't even know their names) at the stage area. Gurmit chatted with Dick (looking really gay in pink jacket, white shirt and white pants) on his thoughts on the performances during the Channel 5 News live coverage. Oh, and I happened to see SI 2 alum Gayle Nerva among the crowd, but I gave her the cold shoulder (like totally), I wouldn't even bother to ask her about her current squeeze Mr Foster. I did however take pic with Nurul Huda and Malaque, as well as with Farhan Shah and 3 other fans. It was at around this time that a few of us decided to station ourselves at the Mosh Pit region for the Results Show.

The results show was clustered with performances by Jack n Rai, Nathan Horanto and Jasmine Tye (yes, my 2rd time seeing her in person this month!!). And yes, my prediction really came true... it was an all-safe round, i.e. Charles and Tabby are both safe, and the entire show is totally identical to "Idol Gives Back". Already I could sense some bookies and fans alike feeling damn pissed. I left the place for home right after the show ended, but not before playing with a spotted brown cat at the Mdc taxi foyer. As well as 3 more cats near my house region.

Click the following link to view the photos... SI Top 4 Spectaulars: Song For A Cause

Thursday, 26th November
Worked like mad from 10 am to 7 pm, with too many tasks to do at one shot... only this time round, some of us stayed behind a little longer in order to paste the necessary banners to prepare for the upcoming year-end sales period. Already the overflooding reservation shelves are enough to drive some of us bonkers, and if that wasn't enough, I was given a bout of 'bad news' upon receiving my pay check for the month (not to worry, I'm still employed, but the scenario will be a little different, more on that in a later post). I left the place at 7.20 pm, and reached Zouk within less than 10 minutes by foot (my 2nd time going there btw). Ishardi and myself saw Nur Amira, and we took pic with her. We were allowed entry into the place at around 7.45 pm... did a bit of recce around the ground level... it wasn't til about 8.45 pm then did the event start proper. About 48 men and women came out to grace the stage, in about 3 different sectors. Event hosted by freelance actress Jacqueline Chow and actor Bobby Tonelli (I had no idea he was involved!!).

The intermission that came at abt 9.30 pm was rather dull, in spite of 2 deejays making an impression with their disc-swapping talents. The male winner was some Eurasian guy named Adrian (he won a subsidiary award for forgot-which-category), whereas the female winner was a sweet-faced babe named Annabel, she won 4 subsidiary awards as well. Right after the show, the foreign workers came in to dissamble the stage boards to revert it back to the ordinary look. Me and Ish managed to take pic with Khym as well as with Bobby, who was his way out of Zouk (he said he had to have an early rest cos he had to catch a morning flight to Hong Kong). I reached home at 11.30 pm, with great satisfaction on my face.

Click on the following links to see the photos taken at Zouk...
Part 1 Part 2

Friday, 27th November (Hari Raya Haji)
Aka today... but thing is, I don't need to work at all, whoppee!! Hence I stayed at home mostly to upload lots of pictures as well as update this blog while I can, in a bid to overcome writer's block. Of course I did go out for a while, to buy lunch for Mum and myself as well as deposit the cheque (me won't tell any of you the amount, so keep guessing... I'm not a money-minded desperado like Sean Koh), as well as to have dinner at the food center behind our house. Oh yes, I did manage to buy the newly-released Terminator Salvation DVD... not sure whether to buy the G.I.Joe: Rise of Cobra DVD next week.

1 comment:

Edmund Lim said...

Hi,can u link me ? www.shilianglim.wordpress.com

thanks!