Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Details on getai show at Hong San Temple

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAREN, ANTON AND AZZY
The start of the Scorpio star!

Now then someone decided to come back to school huh, after one week of MIA. Damnit, I still hope she gets taught a lesson.
Attendance is rather crappy as usual, with the usual suspects coming super late, but of course I shall not dwell on that. And life in school is definitely boring without James, Xiaowei and Shuen Hua around. Thank goodness then that I finished up the 3D assignment rather quickly, and so I'm off to Defu Lane.

After a rather difficult journey from Bedok to Hougang Ave 3, I managed to reach Defu region at 1815 hrs, and l reached Hong San Temple without any difficulty, thanks to the banners being hung on the lampposts (boy, the tent was HUGE!!!). When I got there, I saw Kai Leng, Ryan, Rina, Karen and 2 more fans... not to forget Liu Lingling and Nat Ho! Turns out that Lingling, known as the Queen of Getai due to her 20+ yrs of getai, is hosting a huge getai event there, along wif Zhang Yaonan aka Ah Nan. Nat went back to Mediacorp to collect some stuff, so the event started only at 2000 hrs, after Nat had returned. I managed to take pic wif the super-friendly and humorous Lingling before the show began. Take note that this is the first getai event I haf attended after many years... and you're reading this from someone who doesn't really attend getai shows due to the loud sound system and also due to religious reasons. The event was as follows...

2000 hrs- the band playing tunes to Mission Impossible and a Hawaiian theme...
2005 hrs- a flamboyant male singer came up to sing 3 songs... his attire looked really interesting... he looked so decent from front view, but my eyes ROLLED wif disbelief upon noticing that his back view was BARE all the way!! Much to my dissapointment, he didnt strip at all. Still, I was even more amazed by his vocal control when he took on the roles of male AND female singer for a love duet! @_@
2020 hrs- the emcees Liu Lingling and Ah Nan got on stage and got the people tickled with their super-hilarious jokes.
2035 hrs- a female singer singing 3 songs.
2050 hrs- another male singer (winner of solo category for "Top Fun") came up on stage and sang 3 songs... the first one super-techno xiah!! The last song was an Andy Lau hit I think... "gei wo yi bei wan qing sui"
2105 hrs- Finally, the moment had come... Nat got on stage to talk about the upcoming "Mission" he and Lingling would be doing next month...
2110 hrs- Lingling and Nat sang "Yi Ren Yi Ban", one of the songs featured in the movie "881".
2115 hrs- Nat did an amazing dance to Show Luo's "Jing Wu Men", wif Lingling joining in the fun.
2120 hrs- a group of MPs got on stage to commence on the opening of the event, and then goes the "YAAAAAAAAM...SENG!!!". It was around this time that me and the fans chatted with Nat and took pics wif him.
2125 hrs- a very young getai singer got on stage to sing 2 songs... for a girl who's abt 14 yrs old, her voice is really powerful!! Her green dress and innocence kinda activated the Venom within me...
2145 hrs- Lingling took off her orange top and did a belly dance!! I was close to puking... @_@
2150 hrs- a voluptous babe from China got on stage... she looked SMOKING HOT in that red dress!! Now I am really on the verge of turning into Venom!! :-D
2200 hrs- I decided to leave the place, but not before snapping a few more pics...

Getting tired now... stay tuned for the pictures in a future post!!

No comments: