Sunday, May 10, 2009

HOPE program and Courts Digital event on Sat

Happy Birthday to...
9th May- Yihan, Hui Yuan and Bibie
10th May- William Regal and Nuriman

Internet connection for house com has gone AWOL once more due to some unknown reasons... so looks like I have to resort to internet cafe once more. Be patient for photos...

This is what I did yesterday... I left the house at abt 9 am, reached Commonwealth a few minutes before 10 am. I then walked to Faith Community Church (just a few seconds walk)to attend some HOPE programme from 1030 to 1500 hrs... it's a programme for those who had either been seeking for jobs for months or those who intend to make a career switch. I attended 4 seminars... Personality & Career Choice, Resume & Interview Skills, Christian Outlook on Crisis and Facing Retrenchment (all located at the 4th level). Found out that my personality trait lies within the Patience zone... slow in approach and focused more on people.

Then I did a "Mas Selamat" (haha no lah, just kidding!) by quietly retreating from the church at ard 3 pm (halfway through the last programme on retrenchment that is), boarding the MRT and taking a nap all the way to Tampines. I entered Tampines 1 Shopping Centre for the very first time, and saw a few models dressed up like mannequins. Then I took shuttle bus to Courts Megastore, where I joined a few friends to root for... none other than Joanne!! She was the co-host for some fashion parade promoting the latest IT gadgets (laptops, cameras, camcorders). The female models were quite an eyeful (esp the one in black and whie striped dress)... the Malay host was way too comical and 'unforgiving', he kept teasing someone he found very familiar, haha. Obviously i ain't gonna say who, cos she's already feeling malu enough :-p

Ayway after that, I took the shuttle bus back to Tampines to have dinner with some friends at Tampines Mall, then took bus back home. Ended the day by watching "Sheng Siong Show", "Over The Hedge", "Guess Who", "Hairspray" and a bit of "Spider-man 3".

Pictures at Tampines 1 and Tampines Courts Megastore to be uploaded in an upcoming entry... or if you really cannot wait and wanna see some of the pics (not by me!), you may go to this link (belonging to my friend)... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=77341&id=635464901&ref=nf

No comments: