Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Watching a damn cool movie :-)

About one month has passed since the drastic results of that talent show known as CSS 3. I'm not saying that the results were unjustified, but rather, I feel that things could have worked out a lot better if the judges were more rational in our choosing. In this way, we would have seen a more worthy female winner like Jiamin instead of that sqeaky-voiced brat whose voice is still gonna break anyway. Whatever the case, I'm not gonna brood too much over this 'travesty' (as some might call it), there's simply no point getting bitter over such stuff for too long. Besides, I've got better things to look forward to...


Better things like... the movie that I watched on Monday afternoon at Iluma. None other than the Star Trek prequel. Although I'm not really a Star Trek fan (having watched a few movies and a bit of "Star Trek: the New Generation"), I had made it a point to catch this film the moment I first heard of it. Amazing chemistry betwwn Chris Pine (playing the cunning and laidback James T. Kirk) and Zachary "Sylar" Quinto (playing the Vulcan-human hybrid Spock). Special effects are totally breathtaking, and storyline on Nero seeking revenge quite well-defined. Eric Bana gets thumbs-up for his portrayl as the vengeful and malicious Romulan Captain Nero. Indeed JJ Abrams has boldly gone where no man has gone before. This is a must-watch for all, even those who may not be a Trekkie like myself. I rate it 9 out of 10 points. :-)

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film)

No comments: