Tuesday, May 15, 2007

CHIJMES wedding- the details

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOH ZHIYANG, GEORGE LUCAS AND RON SIMMONS (FAAROOQ) Just one word to describe yesterday (coined from a man of few words from WWE RAW)... DAMN!!! Yesterday was my first time foray as an extra for a filming scene... and what better way to start off than to appear in a drama consisting of my fave actresses!! The title of the show was "Bao Jia Wei Guo", and the wedding scene (4 weddings in one btw) was part of the last episode. The show fcouses on NS men, and will debut on TV at around early July. The 'newlyweds' are Felicia and Ping Hui, Rui En and Pierre, Bryan and Dawn, and lastly Wen Yong and Hui Fang. In some way it was a dream come true for me that I got to appear in the very same drama with my fave actresses (even if it's a very minor role). Im very grateful to Felicia for making the open invitation, and Im also grateful for the assistant manager for accepting me to be part of the filming scene... last but not least, I want to thank God for giving me this wonderful opportunity. For more info, go here... http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/around8/events/view/903/1/.html This was what roughly happened... 0030- 0130 hrs I found really hard to sleep... decided to use com for a while 0130- 0330 hrs Still found it very hard to sleep!! TOO EXCITED!! 0330- 0630 hrs Could only sleep properly for 3 hrs... ZZZZZZZZ 0700- 0715 hrs Got changed into formal attire, thn took bus to Raffles City 0830- 0910 hrs Reached Raffles City after a long tiring journey... had breakfast at BK, then headed to CHIJMES (located just nearby) 0925 hrs Decided to head into the chapel after minutes of pointless loitering around the premises... the soon-to-be-'newlyweds' were already there since morning. 0935- 1025 hrs Not much was done once I had confirmed my attendance (but I DID NOT fall asleep in spite of obvious fatigue, unlike that short fella in blue shirt and that old fogey in brown shirt)... the other extras start coming in, as did the minor cast. In all, there were abt 200 guests in attendance (i did see some of the RBKD site members as well as Wei Ming). Rui En was the first to wave to me, followed by Vincent (I was surprised to see him!!) , Rebecca (whom I know was part of da show) and lastly Fel (most chioh in the wedding dress!). I also saw Nat Ho and Caroline Cheong (who plays Fel's best friend), as well as a few veteran artistes (most notably the grandma from "I Not Stupid 2"). 1030- 1200 hrs Everything went quite smoothly. Ping Hui was super dashing in his No 1 uniform. Of all the 4 brides, Dawn wore the SexiestDress and had the SexiestBack (yeahhh!). There weren't too many NG takes, and there was plenty of laughter filling the historical chapel, esp when the grooms haf to kiss the bride (arguably the hardest scenes to do). Seems like the filming would indeed end before 2 pm... 1200- 1230 hrs Confetti launching!! At least I managed to twist the confetti shaft 'bazooka' properly... after that, I went on to talk to Vincent for a while. I then went on to take pic wif Vin, Rebecca, Caroline and Nat (who remembers my name of course!). Before I knew it, the filming finished before 1 pm. 1235- 1315 hrs Steph arrived just as the 'newlyweds' boarded the tourism bus for more scenes. The extras and minor cast were dismissed from there. Me, Steph (who's not fat at all) and another Rui En fan (whose name I forgot) decided to take a taxi to Radiogate, just so we can wait for the major cast to return. 1315- 1420 hrs Well the minor cast did return around 1330 hrs... so not much deal on that. Still, I was surprised to see... Jasmine Tye??? :-o Turns out she was going for filming for Hi! TECH wif her young co-hosts (showing on Kids Central every Saturday). At around 2 pm, I decided to walk to Mediacorp to get changed out of my formal shirt into black tee... and sure enough, the 'symbiote' from the tee made me do some pelvic thrusts to "SexyBack". 1420- 1530 hrs... MAIN OBJECTIVES ACCOMPLISHED!! - Sure thing the bus containing the crew and the major cast returned. Rui En drove out abt 15 mins after, and we had a rather lengthy chat wif her. Steph even wished Rui En "Happy Mother's Day" (!!!). I managed to show her the old FHM and ADAM articles I had kept for years. Also it seems she had been quite aware of my 'backup plan' now... but she's ok wif it btw. - Dawn came out in a black van, and I was close to turning into VENOM!! I was surprised that she remembered me from her book launch at Ngee Ann City last yr, even before I showed her the photo I took wif her at said place. I managed to get her autograph on her New Face article featuring her face btw. Fiona came some time after... she didnt seem to notice me (doesnt matter anyway), for she waved to Pierre and Andrea who were driving out... - Last objective for the day... Felicia finally came out a few minutes before 1530 hrs. She was in a little rush, but she was still kind enough to step out of her car to talk to us and take pic wif us. I did another cutesy pose wif Fel (yeah go ahead and laugh at me, Steph!!), then she left da place. Soon after, i praised the Lord ala Shawn Michaels style. And if I haf to admit, I felt a little tempted to poking Steph's waist many times, but couldnt bring myself to do so... 1540- 1700 hrs Went to Heartland Mall to develop some pictures. Then I took a bus back home and had a short rest to compensate for the hours when I lost sleep... 1830- 2300 hrs Went for dinner wif Mum and Tris... then went back home to watch "The Beginning" and a nerve-racking episode of "Deal Or No Deal"... thank goodness i didnt audition for this show; otherwise, I am confirmed to scream my head off and risk getting my @$$ thrown into Woodbridge. And Sujeeta is the contestant for the show!! After that, i went to upload the pictures into the computer and send them to some friends. 

No comments: