Monday, April 20, 2009

26th birthday :-)

Happy Birthday to Andy "Gollum" Serkis, Crispin Glover, Carmen Electra, Curt Hawkins, and... ME!!
Start of the Taurus Star (I think)

Yep that's right, I came to this world exactly 26 years ago at 4 am. Coincidentally, the hospital where I was born in happened to be rather near MediaCorp. And yes, I am also aware that today is the first day of school for those youngsters entering poly for the very first time. :-)

Firstly, I wanna thnk my mum for bringing me into this world 26 years ago and for raising me all these years. Also thanks to my brother for putting up with my nonsense and also my dad (even though he's doing mission work in Thailand these days), as well as my other relatives. I wanna give my heartfelt thanks to everyone else out there who had sent their best wishes to me, be it SMS, Facebook, email, or even in person. Special thanks to Joanne, Rina and Jan for the amazing bday card sent to me earlier this month. And also thanks to Roiswandi for the birthday MMS sent to me earlier today. I also wanna thank God for His neverending love and protection, as well as everything He's blessed me with all these years. :-)

I'm gonna post some pics of my fave type of animals... you guessed it, CATS (as in the ones I saw in the past 2 days). Matter of fact, I watched the CATS musical with my mum at the Esplanade yesterday afternoon, it's quite nice (but some parts can be a bit dull). I recommend this to those who love cats or Andrew Lloyd Webber plays, it's definitely worth the watch! MEOWWW :-p (I did take pictures of the theater, but only during th intermission)

P.S. shame on the bunch of losers who dared to record the CATS show with their digital camera during the 2nd half of the show... they thought they could get away with it, but HA!! The ushers managed to corner them and report them to the authorities... serves them right for the stupid mistake they made!!! Can't they just follow simple instructions and refrain from taking pics?? :-@

This is the rather horny tabby cat that likes to cuddle along my legs at night... enjoys napping on the hoods of cars.

This is the tomcat who likes to go to McDonald's and cuddle next to Ronald McDonald.

This tomcat I saw at Eunos after me and Mum dropped off at Eunos after taking train from City Hall. Reminded me a bit of Munkustrap, the storyteller and protector of the Jellicle Cats from the CATS musical.

I noticed this rather introverted fella lying under a car on my way home. MEOWW!!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_20

3 comments:

“达人” said...

Hey dude,

Happy Birthday...2 u...

Well...I have not much well wishes to think of...
but still I wish u what you wish for come true...

Best Regards
Darren

Zhang Yuruo June said...

I love ur cats pictures..i am a cat lover too..all these are stray cats ard ur neighbourhood? cool leh..

Your blog caught my attentn with all the Mediacorp celebrities news and photos and gossip, etc..
How come u know so much about the local entertainment scene, and also the actors/actresses?...u workg in mediacorp ah..

fellow blogger

TaNaT DaMaN said...

To June Zhang... hey, thanks for the comments. Yep, most of the cats are strays, some of them residing around my neighborhood which is at Hougang South. :-)
Oh no, I dont even work at Mediacorp, Im something like a 'mega-fan', I go for Mediaccorp-related events on most weekends, and I go to the MDC theater at Caldecott Hill on a regular basis to watch certain live recordings. Im also part of the admin staff for the 7-Princesses blog :-)