Monday, April 06, 2009

Joanne's birthday gathering

Happy Birthday to Jade Seah and Atiqah

Yesterday I went for Joanne's (advanced) birthday gathering at Bottle Tree Park. It nearly didn't happen due to a downpour that happened in the early afternoon, but thank goodness the place was held in an indoor conference room.

In the morning, I went for projection duty for morning service, Word was taken from Joshua chapter 24. After that, me and Mum had lunch at Heartland Mall. And prior to going to washroom, I took the chance to purchase a simple gift for Joanne at a Christian bookshop. Then came heavy downpour that kinda bummed everyone's moods. Funny thing was, after Mum and myself reached home at 1 pm, the rain suddenly stopped! Talk about strange luck... I left the house at abt 2.15 pm after watching a bit of "That Thing You Do". Never expected the bus to reach Khatib rather quickly in 30 minutes.

Of course the rain came again later on at 3 plus, but fortunately it was only in the form of drizzles. To kill time, I took pictures of some huge fish in the pond and played a bit of puzzle games via an arcade machine within the games section. About 20 of us fans (including committee) assembled at the conference room and the party started at 4.15 pm with Joanne's arrival. Of the 3 groups (P, E, H), Team H (I was in it) won with the highest points. Team P who had the lowest points overall had to do a forfeit by er... writing a word with their butts (yeah I know, kinda disturbing). Afterwards came autograph session, gift exchange, individual pic taking, group photo. The gathering ended at 6.20 pm with an afterword and Joanne driving off. After petting a xiaomimei from my team, I went to Northpoint to have quick dinner, then headed back home to watch Mission Impossible 3 and a few more shows.

Heavy rain as seen from Kovan Hub



Some pictures of Bottle Tree Park


Some pictures taken during the gathering... do go to the Jollity website to see more pictures

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey. it was group P who lost.. not group E.. haha.