Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eighth recording of "U Are The One"... so damn pissed!!

Happy Birthday to Candyce and Robin
(Today could have been Jasmine Seah's 16th birthday had she not tragically lost her life last year...)


I am so not happy with the voting outcome for last night's show. I suspect there are backhand tactics used to manipulate the damn percentiles for each contestant. The first round went to Christalle, no problem with that. But the bar chart for the second round was heavily delayed due to mnior technical flaw... and Liang Yi won that round??? The worst part of all was, Qiuting had ZERO percent for that round!! And for third round, Shi Ying secured the highest percentile, with Germaine getting zero??? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! :-O

True that the voting criteria are split sperartely... 25% from judges, 25% from 50 people, and 50% from the fans. 95% of Liang Yi's fans weren't even around, and Liang Yi got the highest score for the second round?!?! She was the WORST of the 8, come on!! You mean to say that Qiuting and the others did not do a good job meh?!?! There are a lot of questions circling in our minds. Such things have happened before, esp on "Live The Dream" (regarding Victor Tang going all the way to the finals). I really pray and hope that Liang Yi DOES NOT go into the semi-finals... I mean come on, she was already a finalist of Hey Goergeous!!


Oh, and the guest judge was the handsome and versatile Tay Ping Hui. Boy he sure looks happy yet shy to sit next to the beautiful Eunice Olsen (whose cleavage is close to spilling out)... WHOOPS!! :-X

Anyway,his was what the 8 gals did for the second round for Miss Natty genre...

F1 Shiqian- Michael Jackson dance (hee hee! Aaow!). One of the better performances.




F2 Qiuting- sing and dance. Very good effort! She sang like a nightingale... :-)




F3 Liang Yi- playing very horribly on the saxophone. Kenny G, she is not.




F4 Germaine- playing the violin. She may not be as skilful as Vanessa Mae, but she did put in good effort.




F5 Mable- playing on the drums to PCDs' "Sway". Not bad, but I think she can take up drumming lessons from Maroon 5's Matt Flynn.




F6 Shi Ying- swordfight plus crane-style of fighting.



F7 Christalle- doing some tech-style dance, thanks in part to training rom Hafiz and Amshyr from SFB.



F8 Rachelle- wushu performance similar to Jet Li. I believe she learnt this from Picasso Tan.





After the really dismal results, I went out to take a breather, mostly cos I didnt want to be too affected by the sight of sobbing fans (in regard to the f'ed-up results). It was only fair that Shi Ying won the title Miss Natty, but the damage in regard to the voting system has already been done. Nevertheless I went up to the reception a few minutes later to wait for the contestants... chatting with Melissa for the next 1 hour or so.


At abt 2125 hrs, Germaine came out to withdraw money. Soon after, Liang Yi and Yuan Shuai (the 2 contestants I dislike) came out in a rush, cos both have to catch a flight to Beijing. Hafiz and Amshyr also came out around this time. I wouldn't mind taking picture with the cute and pretty Germaine, but I couldn't, thanks not to the strong presence of a certain LEI JUN (more on that next time).


Then came "Warrant Poh"... it's Huang Wenyong!! At first he said that he didn't wanna take pic wif us, but I told him that I felt he was as shuai as Harrison Ford. :-)


At same time after Wenyong came out, there was another familiar face... EELYN!! Man am I surprised to see her, before Saturday's event some more!! Still as beautiful as ever... :-p


At 11 something, a shuai ge came out... it's Terence!! Anoter guy Im gonna see on Saturday... I finally got to take pic with him after so many years. I think he's a great actor. :-)


Then came Mable, Qiuting and Rachelle. QQ said she was very touched by my effort to make a poster to support her. She told us not to worry too much about the results, and that she wants us all to stay happy always no matter what the outcome may be. She then went camera-whoring for us with a Chupa Chupa sweet in hand, ha! :-p Then I took a taxi back home with slightly weakened knees (due to Qiuting's charm)... getting excited over what is to come this weekend. And yep, I also took picture with Rachelle :-)

And yes, I do have something to say about Lei Jun and his clique... no wait, I think I better leave it for the next post.

1 comment:

hallody said...

may i noe whi is the real tanat?'tanat" or realtanat",it is confusing.