Monday, June 04, 2007

Kinship roadshow at Bugis!! Yeah baby

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RAINIE YANG

Boy was I glad that I had applied for leave for yesterday... if I were to report to work straight after the 'bonding' session at Radiogate, I might have fainted from the unbearable weather (not from the strong BO of a certain JPBB). And yep, I did accomplish all 3 major goals very smoothly, just like I did for the CNY roadshow on Feb and after the filming at CHIJMES just weeks ago. The most significant similarity between the 3 events was that each of them involves at least one of seven princesses :-)

Morning service (message preached by a guest speaker from Australia named Steve Ahern) was really very brief, lasting from 9 am to 1015 hrs (mostly due to the Ohana Bible camp). So I went back home to upload pictures I took of Rui En, Fiona and Felicia. At 12 pm, I left the house and took a bus to Bugis Junction... going around the toy department and having my lunch at Pastamania (oh ya I forgot to mention that I chose not to wear the 'symbiote suit', given the unbearable weather). Then I went down to the ground level to join the Elvinology fans (Audrey, Meiling, Joyce-stella, Rina and Lee Teng). I was one of 10 unlucky fans who kena pasted wif i-weekly sticker and made to go up on stage to play some kind of quiz related to the i-weekly issue. Me and my partner didnt win, but that's ok... for all the teams get to walk away with some goodies... me and my partner split the items, and I got the Scary Movie 4 VCD (but it wasnt a good film to begin with). At around 1430 hrs, there was another game being played... this time it was a test of willpower. 8 people haf to hold a copy of the 500th i-weekly issue and balance on one leg as long as possible (to 500 seconds). Terence and his tall friend (sorry, forgot his name), along with an auntie, were the last few people standing, all the way til the 6.5 minute mark!

Just as the activity session was about to end, the 'celeb express' arrived at the nick of time, and out came the stars! There were of course very loud screams for Elvin... other stars are Jesseca, Eelyn, Darren Lim, Cynthia Koh, Alan Tern, Ann Kok, Chen Tianwen, Lin Meijiao, Xiang Yun and Yao Wenlong. There was quite a lot of talking involved, so there was indeed plenty of time for me to take lots of pics of the celebs.


As the show came to a close, I quickly made my way to the taxo stand. I was initially quite prepared to take a taxi alone, given the fact that my Malay friend no-showed for this long-awaited event in spite of my constant reminders to her mobile phone (and boy was I pissed off when she SMSed me only by 11 pm??? What the hell!!). Luck was definitely on my side when the two girls behind me happened to be big fans of Elvin, so i asked them if they would like to share the same cab with me, and they agreed! Indeed the taxi arrived just at the nick of time... the moment me and the 2 gals (named Karlyn and Pamela) got off the cab, the 'Celeb Express' just arrived!! First came out Xiang Yun, prob driving back home. Then came Cynthia's red car and then a huge mob of 'vultures' started to surround Cyn's car. And them Elvin drove out with the two mei nus (Eelyn and Jesseca) as well as a third person (prob a crew member for Shou Zu?)... certainly I dont need to elaborate anymore, do I? The photos tell it all, and I managed to get the three young stars to sign on different documents. I got to talk to the very nice and friendly Eelyn for a good 3 minutes regarding her bimbotic role in Lifeline season 2 and how I got to know some of the other fans thru Friendster or MSN or the Mediacorp Forums, among other things. By end of the day, the main objectives have indeed been accomplished!! OH BEHAVE BABY :-)

No comments: