Monday, June 25, 2007

Random stuff on short-term 'targets' and upcoming dramas

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...
(Sun) Andrea D'Cruz, Adam Chen and Genie
(Mon) Shu Ling and Pan Lingling

Sianz... nothing 'extraordinary' happened during the weekend other than going to church, work and surfing the Net (not to forget DVD recording!). I feel kinda lazy these days, mostly bcos I can't wait for the new school term to start? No wonder I sleep so late most of the time... :-/

My main 'target' for now...
I WANT THAT SPIDER-MAN MOVIE TRILOGY VISUAL GUIDE!!! Must get it before the last few copies fly off the shelves at Kinokuniya!!! If I dont buy it by next week, I will go crazy...!!!

Shows coming to an end...

"The Greatest Love Of All". If I haf to be honest, I didnt really take a fancy to the show from the start. But then I watched it mainly bcos it showcased Zhang Yaodong's first time foray as the male lead (yippee!!), and I must admit he did quite a good job. Another reason why I watched it is bcos it has got Joanne Peh, whom I think is also showing improvement (in her emotional scenes). Then there is Hanwei whose acting skills are second to none (not to forget, he is a two-time Star Awards Best actor winner). Apple Hong also did well as a single mum Qianru who had to put up with her autstistic daughter. Thumbs up to Huang Yiliang and Aileen Tan as well, as Wenxin's biological parents who are always on the run from loan sharks. I realised that some of the cast are Star Search graduates... Aileen, Hanwei, Constance, Apple and Yaodong. What I didnt really like abt the show was the rather dull plot (too much sob fests involved), Ng Hui's character Caining being a huge roadblock between Wenxin and Jiaxuan, Yiliang's character Yingxiong being an incorrigible gambler and drug addict, and above all else, Sucheng's character Zhipeng as a super-domineering father to Jiaming and Jiaxuan... not to forget, Zhipeng despising his youngest son Jiaxi due to his handicap. Funniest thing though, is Constance playing Hanwei's stepmum (aka Jiaxi's mum and Zhipeng's second wife) despite being 6 years younger in real life!!

"After Hours"... urgghhhh, please. The sequel to "Chase" isnt even fixed or smooth flowing lor. It may be good to have new additions like Jopeh and Max Loong, but the story gets real messy halfway, with no fixed plot. Gabriel's and Ellie's angle is also getting more complicated. Which is why I didnt even watch or record Episodes 8 to 12. And now that the show is coming to an end, I don't even know if I should keep the recording for the finale.

Shows about to debut/currently showing...
"Switched!". It stars Fann Wong and Jeanette Aw as sisters... and much like Chemistry and Just Follow Law, this show makes use of the soul-swapping concept. Terence Cao, Shaun Chen and Julian Hee also appear in this show. I may not be a big fan of Jeanette or Fann, but I wouldnt mind watching a few episodes just to kill boredom and find out exactly what the show is about (if i can get past Julian's wooden scenes, that is). However, I had sworn not to get too hooked to this show, cos I am more eager to catch the show that comes after "Switched"... one that stars two of my top fave actresses!!

"Kinship"... the latest mega-drama that's making headlines. More on that in a future post (it's gonna be quite long).

No comments: