Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Thoughts on Chris Benoit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAZRI, JOYIN AND TOBEY MAGUIRE (SPIDER-MAN!!!)

Today I got to buy the Spider-Man movie trilogy visual guide at Bugis Junction, as well as a few more stuff... very interesting double-book concept, but my only complaint was that the book didn't go into specific detail on the villains' powers, and that there wasn't any picture on Venom from the third film (after the black goo merged with Eddie Brock). Oh ya, no mention on Dr Connors either!! (grrrr)

One week from now, a few WWE Superstars will be coming down to Bugis Junction for a WWE roadshow, and one of the stars scheduled to compete is none other the recently deceased Chris Benoit.


Today's New Paper and TODAY splashed a huge main story on what is now known as the "Benoit family double-murder-suicide case"... I shant go too much into detail, except to say that both Nancy and Daniel died of asphyxiation (eh wait, both Chris and Nancy share the same birthday!), and that the possible reason behind Chris' uncontrollable rage (somthing like Wolverine's 'Berserker Rage') could be due to steroids, which is known to cause paranoia, anxiety, depression and 'roid rage'. Oh, and I suggest that u keep all thoughts of labelling Benoit a 'murderer' or 'psychopath' to yourselves for now til the final verdict is out.

Now my thoughts on Chris Benoit, whom I will never get to see in person...

Watching the Hard Knocks VCD I bought some 2 yrs ago, I must admit that there are quite a lot of things I like abt Chris, but I would name only a few... his wrestling style, his entrance music (one of my top fave wrestling themes), his down-to-earth persona and his technical prowess. The most unforgettable moment had got to be Benoit winning the World Heavyweight Title on March 14th 2004, at Wrestlemania XX. His 18 years of hard work paid off... enbracing his best friend Eddie Guerrero (who tragically passed away some 1.5 years after WM XX)... seeing Benoit embrace his family after the show, who would haf thought that 3 yrs later, such a tragedy would befall on them...

Of course I was also happy when Benoit won the United States Title a few times between 2005 to 2007, proof that he was still at the top of his game.... though my innermost wish was for him to recapture the World Title once again (in the case that was to be, the ECW World Title). Sadly, that dream would never happen...

No one can say what Chris Benoit was thinking prior to his demise, or why such a legendary wrestler ended his life in such a shocking way. What I will always remember is Benoit in happier days. Wherever you or your family may be, I know it has gotta be a better place, where there is no pain, no anger, no hatred. REST IN PEACE, DANIEL, NANCY AND CHRIS BENOIT

No comments: