Monday, May 05, 2008

Aftermath of Thye Hwa Kuan show

Prior to going to Radiogate last night, I had 3 ‘main missions’:
1) to take picture with Daren, and get his autograph on the lyric booklet
2) to take picture with Nat
3) to take picture with Ping Hui

Backup plans (the lesser ‘missions’) included Jeanette, Zoe, Fiona and Gurmit. I may not have tickets to watch the Thye Hwa Kuan charity show, but I certainly wouldn't mind waiting for any artiste at RG.

Well I had dinner with Ryan at Hougang Mall… I tried to develop pictures at the Kodak shop located at the basement, but all the machines refused to cooperate with me. I was going “ah what the heck” and decided to abandon the photo developing task. Me and Ryan took a bus to good old Mediacorp, and waited at Radiogate (where else?). I never thought that Mr Big teeth would be there, I hadn’t seen him for some time already. First person we saw exit from RG at 10 pm exactly was Hanwei, soon followed by Ben Yeo (long haired dude) who drove off rather quickly. Alan also drove off, in another direction.

Prior to Daren’s and Nat’s arrival, certain Miss V was annoying the hell out of me with numerous SMSes, telling me to pass the phone to Nat and/or Daren should they come out from RG, and I simply replied back, “GO TO RG AND TALK TO THEM YOURSELF!!” I really can’t stand this Miss V for trying to piss me off, and I won’t help her anymore. But I did keep to my promise for another friend, a girl who is far much better than Miss V in many ways (including looks), by passing the phone to Nat so she can chat with him. Both guys were actually in a rush due to personal matters, so after a few quick pictures and autograph signing, they zoomed off. Killed two birds with one stone, main mission #1 and 2 accomplished!!

Jeanette drove out soon after, and I wisely chose not to join in the fray… not because of the many Jeanius fans (I am ok with them), but also I saw someone who I had not seen for a long time… MR KIAM PA!!! I had no idea he would be watching the show too… he’s like a cockroach that won’t die easily (and he still has that horrible hairstyle). Since Jeanette isn’t one of my top faves, I am totally ok with not taking picture with her (although getting her autograph on the magazine would probably be good). After Jeanette drove off, Zoe arrived, and she got mobbed again as always (MKP being the most sickening of the lot). At that time, I went up to White Crane Ranger (guess who?) and showed her the characters I created in the WWE game inside my PSP, modeled after people I dislike. And if I have to be honest, I don't really like Zoe for being rather indifferent towards Felicia. But at least she's much more humble than a certain Miss FW...



And finally after a long delay (4 years to be exact), I managed to take picture with the hunky and talented Ping Hui!! I was also glad enough to compliment him on his wonderous acting in “The Golden Path” and “The Truth”. And yep, he did recognize me from the Expo event, esp after I told him about that grilling push-up experience earlier this year. Third mission accomplished! :-D

Truth of the matter is, I thought of waiting for Gurmit too, but I changed my mind and decided to go back home. Like the saying goes, “There’ll always be a next time.” :-)

No comments: