Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"U Are The One" Elimination (male round)

Happy Birthday to Zheng Geping, Brian Kendrick and Yiru

Yesterday I arrived at Mediacorp at about 6 pm, met up with Syaz and collected the tickets from the reception counter. We then spent some time waiting at the parking lot and found a place at the back of the theater. Ryan and Kelly joined us soon after.


Overall, I would say the results were quite expected and predictable. Yuan Shuai (the bleddy 3-time winner) and Gavriil (winner for Mr Hunk) secured the first 2 positions based on votes, while Zhenhuan the 'rightful winner' of Mr Metrosexual secured the 3rd position based on votes. The contestant picked by the judges was the 'rightful winner' of Mr Sunshine, Louis Fong!!


Guest judge was 3-time Best Actress winner Ivy Lee. This was what the guys did for the performance round...

M1 Jianfeng- Show dance

M2 Zhenhuan- wushu performance.

M3 Caleb- play guitar and sing Westlife's "My Love"... Shane Filan won't be too happy to know that Caleb killed his lines for this UK No 1 hit. :-(

M4 Jia Xi- he sang a Chinese song... very well-sung!! I think he should join Project Superstar. :-)

M5 Clement- played on the Chinese zither (forgot actual name, paiseh!)

M6 Louis- played on the saxophone. Can be the next Kenny G. :-)

M7 Yuan Shuai- did an A-go-go dance with a cute gal in 70s attire.

M8 Gavriil- sword fight


During the last commerical break, Kelly and I decided to go up to Cheng Xi (who was watching the show with family of course) to get his autograph and take picture with him. Hooray!

After the show, we headed for the reception area to wait for the contestants to come out. No sign of Fiona at all for the next 2 hours, I believe she may have left by another way. For a short while, Louis and Yuan Shuai came out, and immediately I turned my back (no pun intended) on YS. I think that's why my back started to ache even more. Lol, Syaz actually waved goodbye to Addy??? :-O


At around 10 pm or so, a few male contestants came out... Clement, Jianfeng, Caleb and Jia Xi (aka the ones who didn't make it to the next round).


And yep, I got to take picture with Jia Xi. Once again, thanks a lot for the tickets, Jia Xi!! I'm really proud of you even though you didn't make it to the semis. It was a pleasure to meet you too, Cheng Xi. :-)

Two familiar faces came out at about 2230 hrs... the petite girl looked familiar. Upon closer observation, I realized that it was...


JINFENG!! Whoops I mean, Joey Feng... she looked very cute indeed. I never thought I would see her again so soon, after her appearance at Ngee Ann City on Sunday (see next entry). I nearly mistook her for Mable, til I saw the beauty mole on the left side of her face. I was surprised by the fact that she remembered me from the time I took pic wif her at Raffles City last month (before Daniel's and Jaime's wedding that is).


The other familiar face was Star Search 2007 finalist Jackson Tan. I recognised him from his fighting scene with Andie Chen (the winner of SS 2007) during the finals.


Cutie pie Joey and hunky Jackson. I'm not too sure about the name of the drama they are acting in.

Then came a few girls... Mable, Qiuting, Germaine, Liang Yi and Rachelle. For a while, I was like "Eh? Where are the twins and Christalle?" Nevertheless, I managed to take picture with 3 of them.


Now I know, there are many differences between Joey and Mable. Mable is much lankier, has darker skin and has a sharper face. And a little taller too.


QQ, U are the one (no pun intended) who never fail to get me weakened in the kneejoints. Other than Felicia, of course. :-p


Germaine, all I can say about you is that you're too sweet, too cute... and also CHAO TEHH!! Muahaha, I'm kidding only :-p

Rachelle rushed off with Jianfeng, and I didn't wanna take pic wif Liang Yi. Oh yes, I did tell Qiuting to steer clear of that stinkbomb Lei Jun. Goodness gracious... that stinkbomb's ever-increasing BO nearly knocked out poor Mable and Joey, to name a few victims. :-( Somebody send him to the chemical lab for analysis!!

Syaz, Kelly and myself then did something to kill time... we came up with wacky descriptions on some of the posters within the reception area. Posters such as "Rhythm of Life", "The Legend", "The Showdown", etc. And then I went on to pose as different characters of the show...


As Zhiyuan (angry look due to recent death of Zhiling)


As Junjie (melacholic look, hands in pockets)

Me and Syaz decided to leave the place at abt 2330 hrs... I managed to catch the 2nd last Bus to Hougang Central, and the last bus back home... woo hoo, no need to take taxi ride!! Boy am i very lucky... :-p

Now I got to start worrying... about the elimination round for the girls that is to come on June 2nd.

And yes I know, today is the third month since Mas Selamat's escape. When is that bloody idiot ever gonna be found?!?

No comments: