Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A song sung last Tuesday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JERRY LAWLER, JBL, MEGAN AND OMAHYRA MOTA (Arclight)

This Roy Orbison hit, used in the 1990 romantic comedy box office hit "Pretty Woman", was performed by Matthew and the Mandarins as well as Paul, Joakim, Jay and Norman during the 2nd recording for "Wish Upon A Star" last Tuesday night. I personally dedicate this song to the 3 girls on the cover of the new 8 days issue, as well as to a girl present at the recording... someone whom I had first met abt 3 mths ago, and someone whom I haf some sort of fond interest in... and yes, she's a Singapore Idol fan like me (not from the same fanclub btw). Kai Leng should know this girl quite well ;-)
Wikipedia entry on Roy Orbison (who is deceased for nearly 2 decades, unfortunately): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Orbison
Wikipedia entry on the song "Oh Pretty Woman": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh,_Pretty_Woman
Wikipedia entry on the film "Pretty Woman": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Woman

OH PRETTY WOMAN- Roy Orbison

Pretty woman, walking down the street
Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman
I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you
Mercy...

Pretty woman, won't you pardon me
Pretty woman, I couldn't help but see
Pretty woman
That you look lovely as can be
Are you lonely just like me
Wow!!

Pretty woman, stop a while
Pretty woman, talk a while
Pretty woman, gave your smile to me
Pretty woman, yeah yeah yeah
Pretty woman, look my way
Pretty woman, say you'll stay with me
'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right
Come with me baby, be mine tonight

Pretty woman, don't walk on by
Pretty woman, make me cry
Pretty woman, don't walk away, hey... okay
If that's the way it must be, okay
I guess I'll go on home, it's late
There'll be tomorrow nigh, but wait
What do I see
Is she walking back to me
Yeah, she's walking back to me
Oh, oh... Pretty woman

No comments: