Saturday, June 07, 2008

Flying off soon

Happy Birthday to Liam Neeson and Mick Foley

I have made my booking liao. In about one week's time, I will be flying off to Thailand to join my father in spreading the Word of God to the villagers living in the suburb parts of Central Thailand. This will be my first ever missionary experience. Meaning that for about 1 month, I gotta abstain from material things like TV and fast food. Something like living 'The Simple Life', minus Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie obviously.

Initially, we planned to go to the US to visit my paternal uncle and also attend my cousin's wedding. But due to certain complications, my dad got rather fed up, he decided not to go. Likewise I also preferred to go to Thailand, just so I can 'rediscover' my roots and see how the mission team goes about sharing quality time with the villagers. It's been about 6 years since I last went to Thailand... previous visit lasted for only 1 week, and i didn't gain much from it. This time round, I have much more time to get in touch with the lost youth I once enjoyed during my past visits to the Land of Siam. Fyi, I am 100% Singaporean.

QQ, I'm sorry to inform you that I can't attend your birthday gathering 2 weeks from now. I hope you're not mad at me...

The bright side of things is, I get to attend one more roadshow (a rather important one) next Saturday! Watch this space... ;-)

No comments: