Thursday, April 12, 2007

Phantom of The Esplanade!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JASON TAN AND GOLDUST
19 more days...!!

Yesterday was my very first time inside the domes of the Esplanade... what can I say, the theatres are truly MAGNIFICENT. And what better way than to watch the musical I haf waited so long (13 years in fact) to watch... THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!! Indeed it helped that I had watched the film version of the muscial (by Andrew Lloyd Webber) on Channel 5 just weeks prior to get a sneak peek on how the musical would go.


Everything was five-star quality... the high octave range, the acting, the feelings of romance and fear, the costumes, the chereography, the setting. Nobody in the theater had the slightest idea that the Phantom was hiding within the central angel structure that floated in midair when Christine and Roul sang "All I Ask Of You". And the chandelier falling into the middle of the stage to mark the intermission really gripped into our hearts. Breathtaking to say the least.
By the end of the show, there was thunderous applause for the entire cast... and huge standing ovations for the wonderful actors who played Raoul (drats, forgot the guy's name), Christine (Rebecca Pitcher) and the Phantom himself (Brad Little). Not forgetting the music conductor and the orchestra located at the basement :-)

On a sidenote, I took pleasure in acting cutesy plus pouty as 6 slim bimbos (in different colored dresses) walked past me. That should at least help 'give a boost' to my ever-growing Venom power... while I wait for the 'right time to strike'.

Here are a few pics I took of the theater during the 20-minute intermission... altho I know that photography isnt even allowed inside (but hey at least I refrained from photography during the show right?)

No comments: