Saturday, February 09, 2008

CNY celebration

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Elaine, Syaiful, Xinyan and Shauna Simon


Wednesday (6th Feb)

At 6 pm, me and folks went to Cousin Teck's house for reunion dinner of course. Right after that, we went to watch some HK comedy film titled "Kung Fu Mahjong" on Ch 8. That film kinda inspired A-sor and the others on how to play their next game of mahjong (see Friday's entry). After that, Cousin Hong Hua gave me and my parebts a lift to Bishan, and from there we took bus back home. I stayed up to watch the CNY Countdown (at home lah duh), til late at night. Personally I feel it's better to watch the countdown at home than at Mediacorp, so I won't need to take a super-late taxi ride back home (also bcos Dad doesn't have a car here). And as the saying goes, there will always a be a next time (regarding seeing Elvin and Jess).

Thursday (7th Feb)

Went to Cousin Teck's house to bai nian. Nothing much really, since only A-king was there. After that, I took a bus to Orchard Road and reported for work before 4 pm. It was a super dull day cos very few people came. Honestly speaking, I dont really get into the CNY mood on the first day of the New Year, since we usually make only one visit on that day.


Friday (8th Feb)

Me and folks went to Cousin Hoon's house for lunch. My family, Cousin Hoon's family and Cousin Teck's family ate spagetthi and fried rice for lunch... I took back the Time Force Megazord toy that I had 'loaned' to Zhewen a few years ago (mostly bcos I missed it a lot, and it was so much cooler than the Omega Megazord, and the 5 Time Flyers that form the Megazord were about the same size). After that, we all chatted wif Tris via Skype/MSN (webcam and audio sound), asking him how he's doing and how he's celebrated CNY in the States. Afterwards, A-Sor, Esther, Daniel, Zhewen and 'Edge' (A-wen's sister who insisted on using that name, ha!) played a few rounds of mahjong, while I simple watched and learned... it had been a long time since I last saw a mahjong game in real life. Feeling rather bored, I went on to do some research on mahjong via Wikipedia, and then left Cousin Hoon's house at 4 pm (soon after Cousin Teck and family left)... taking a bus to Orchard and reporting for work before 5.

Work was much busier this time... so many people coming between 6 to 8 pm. I got really emo (almost as emo as the guys from "My Chemical Romance") after 8.30 pm, bcos I was the only one who had not gone for break!! It was only after Cherry aka Fei Mao arrived for stock transfer, then did Jeff finally f'ing let me go for break. AT LEAST it wasnt a repeat of what happened 2 weeks ago (when the manager simply forgot to let me go makan for the whole 6 f'ing hours!!). Oh well, still a few more days to go before I say 'sayonara' to the place for good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_tiles

No comments: