Friday, February 15, 2008

Pictures taken at Chinatown Point and River Hong Bao (night time)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Carol, Marcus Seow and Ying Hong

Yesterday I went to Chinatown right after school... I went to good ol' China Square Central to glance at the Power Ranger toys and WWE figurines. I nearly wanted to buy a Shawn Michaels toy (DX attire), but then the U-toys shop owner told me that the DX pair (HBK and HHH) will be coming out in about a week, so I decided to wait a bit longer (most likely giving it a miss). Not much Power Ranger robots at China Square, the only ones I saw were Shogun Megazord (box), Super Zeo Megazord (box), Stratoforce Megazord (display), Centaurus Megazord (display), Wildforce Megazord (box), Storm Megazord (box), a few overdrive Zords, and a few Jungle Fury Zords. I then took MRT from Chinatown to Dhoby Ghaut, changing to City Hall and having dinner at good ol' Raffles City. Then at around 1915 hrs, when the sky was getting dark, I headed off to the Esplanade Walk.

Pictures taken at Chinatown

Pictures taken at the River Hong Bao site (at night time)... somehow the plump guy dressed up as the Fortune god reminded me too much of... Jimmy Nah :-(

Pictures of the glowing animals and the God of Fortune


Now then I came to realise that for this year...

Chingay Parade 2008 will be held at the City Hall region, for the first time since 1985?!?! No wonder the stage had been set up opposite the Supreme Court!! Bah, Im so not going (since it's not at Orchard area)... dont even haf time for that anyway. And i was also too tired to pay the good ol' Merlion a visit. :-/

I would, however, like to hitch a ride on that 40-feet high Ferris Wheel at Marina Bay someday :-)

No comments: