Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gala Premiere of "The Leap Years"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Calvin Lim Wee Hong, Rihanna and Farizan
Start of the Pisces Star

Yesterday I decided to go to Vivo City at the 11th hour... mostly because there was a gala premiere of an upcoming local film titled "The Leap Years" (and also partly because I didn't wanna slack at home in the evening). The film was made 2 years ago, and the release date was pushed to this year, since 29th February aka Leap Day happens every 4 years. Based on a novella titled "Leap Of Love" by well-acclaimed writer, Dr Catherine Lim, the story talks about a young Singaporean girl named Li-Ann having chance upon her special someone (a guy named Jeremy) on 29th February. Li-Ann decides to base her intuition on an Irish leap year tradition that no man will refuse any request of a lady and invites him out for a date. Together, they embark on a romantic journey that spans over 12 years, meeting three times, on the leap year.


After school ended at 5 pm yesterday, I headed back home, changed to outdoor clothes, then took train to Harborfront terminal and had my dinner at Superdog. It would be better if there were more outlets for Superdog, not just at Vivo. After which, I went up to the GV theaters, where I met Rachel (still feel like pinching her!!), Liting and Esther (plus a few more gals whom Im not too familiar with). I later saw Kaileng, Kailin, Joyce and Xueting there too. Being the quiet and 'mysterious' kind as always, I spent most of the time loitering aimlessly around the upper levels of GV Vivo City. Until... the event started at 8 pm finally... the reception area was starting to pack with many guests around that time.


Not much artistes were invited... I did see Irene Ang and a certain model named Rebecca Tan (with husband... sorry guys, but the Eurasian model got married recently). I also saw Andie Chen Bangjun and Jerry Wu Weilie from Star Search 2007, they spent most of the time chatting with 'F4' (the 4 gals). I also noticed Tracy Tan (skinny yet chioh babe) and Jason Chan (Cameron the Green Samurai Ranger!!) among the crowds... they both used to appear in "My Sassy Neighbour". Til now I find it hard to believe that Jason (who used to host "Stress Out" a few yrs ago) is already in his mid 30s... he still looked like early 20s!! (arghhh picture too blur)


Then at 2035 hrs, the emcee got on stage and kicked off the event... bringing up first Mr Lucas Chow (CEO of Mediacorp), some other VIP (I think he's the head of Raintree Pictures? Sorry forgot his name), Dr Catherine Lim (author of "Leap of Love" novel) and Jean Yeo (director of "The Leap Years" film).


Then afterwards came the cast of "The Leap Years"... Wong Li-Lin (with husband Allan Wu), Ananda Everingham, Qi Yuwu, Vernetta Lopez, Nadya Hutagalung (who is pregnant AGAIN!!!) and Paula Mala Ali (hot chick presenter from Star Sports).


Afterwards, the cast members signed their names on the poster, before gathering with the crew for a group photo.

If I have to be honest abt one thing, I kinda dislike Nadya for some unknown reason (for quite a long time actually)... maybe it's the fact that she can be rather sui bian when it comes to choosing men? I mean she's been married three times (and she is expecting her third child)!! Her oldest son should be 14 now if I remember correctly, since she became a mother at 20 and is now 34 yrs of age (but to me, she sort of looks older than her actual age). Somehow I wonder if she wants to compete with close friend Wendi Jacobs (who is a mother of 4 kids)? HAHAHA just kidding, no offence! And as for Paula, I guess some of you know that she is a divorcee? And ermmm... don't ever ask Vern who she was once married to. :-X She is gonna get married to her new boyfriend of 6 yrs in a few mths time

The event ended too quickly at only 10 minutes, with the cast members heading into the theater by a separate path, and all the guests (Jason, Tracy, Irene and so on) heading for the theater. With nothing else to wait for, I headed off for a quick stroll around good ol' Toys R Us, before taking a train back to Kovan. I think I'm gonna go for the special screening of "The Leap Years" at the same place next Monday evening! :-)


Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leap_Years

No comments: