Monday, September 22, 2008

HE watches over us

Happy Birthday to Alan Sandosham, Audrey and Jasline

Sigh, I really wonder why such people have to exist...
  1. Arrogant assholes who boast too much about their lifestyles and think way too highly of themselves.
  2. Small frys who are desperate for fame as well as attention (and possibly power too).
  3. Heartless bastards who take pleasure in killing other people.
  4. Fugitives who are still on the run from the law and have yet to be found. Most of you know very well who I'm referring to...

Arghhh, I can't be bothered with such ignorants any longer. I have my own affairs to worry about... these ungodly people can suffer and burn in Hell for all I care.

Since I don't have any new assignment as of yet, I guess I'm gonna make use of this opportunity to give another Daily Bread dedication... hey, at least I'm doing something meaningful during the laptop session, right? :-)

"He Watches Over Us"
Psalm 33 tells us that God is like a collection of closed-circuit video cameras watching from on high (verse 14). He sees not just images and activities, but discerns thoughts and motives. As Creator God, when he speaks, it will be done (verse 9). His eternal purposes march on unhindered (verses 10-11). Earthly obstacles are mere steeping stones to Him. Though many depend on military strength for deliverance and safety, their hope is in vain (verses 16-17).

Yet we who fear the Lord need not flee from this awesome God. The psalmist affirms, "The eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy... He is our help and our shield (verses 18 and 20).

The eyes of the Lord may be fearsome, but we who trust in Him rejoice. He is not an intrusive "Big Brother", but our loving heavenly Father who watches over us.

Keep your eyes on the Lord at all times; He never takes His eyes off you.

No comments: