Saturday, September 27, 2008

Preparing to watch the F1 Qualifying Rounds

Happy Birthday to Eneida and Andy Lau (the HK singer, not Gurmit's character from "Calefare"!!)

Yesterday I didn't go to watch the qualifying rounds of the F1 SingTel Grand Prix, mostly because I had a rather bad flu, and also because I prefer to watch the Qualifying Rounds at home first. The flu could be a factor resulting from one of these 3 possible reasons...

  1. the terrible downpour on Friday morning
  2. contracting the flu bug from someone else
  3. someone might be cursing me (ha, I'm just being superstitous)

I'm inclined to think of Reason No 3 as being the most likely reason, but on second thought, I feel that Reason No 2 could indeed be the most likely one. There's been more and more people sneezing these days, either in a train or bus or anywhere in general. It's been quite some time since i last got struck by the flu bug...


Today I feel slightly better (save for the phlegm in my throat), and I read today's newspaper that there are a few spots where you can get to watch the F1 race for free (haha!!), located mostly around Temasek Boulevard region. The 6 different spots are located within Suntec City, Marina Square and Pan Pacific Hotel. There's also warnings provided at each location... "Earplugs Recommended!!". I guess I'm going to Golden Mile market to buy earplugs first, and then perhaps watch a movie at Suntec or Bugis in the evening, before the 2nd Qualifying Race actually begins. Hey, it's better to be safe then sorry, right? :-)





Oh, and I finally saw the MediaCorp F1 car residing in the middle of Bugis Junction, just outside McDonald's, after months of delays... :-)

No comments: