Monday, November 05, 2007

Heavy rain ruined my plans!! ARGHHHH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...
3rd Nov- Eveline,
4th Nov- Aishah (Platinum) and Angeline,
5th Nov- Famke Jannsen (Phoenix) and Valerie
In the morning, I went to church for the usual Sunday service as well as holy communion. Following which, I reported to work, and to cut a long story short, I knocked off rather early at 1630 hrs. Somehow working in the morning of yesterday was of some great advantage, esp since I could go wait for the stars at Radiogate after the Star Search Finals.

At 5 pm, I reached Novena Square and I went past some beauties for some Miss Singapore Tourism pageant thingy in order to visit Mum in hospital... I didnt know that Koko Teck and A-sor were there before me. We watched the last few minutes of the Cancer Charity Show in the ward, and when the show ended, I followed Koko Teck and A-sor to their house. It was there that we had dinner wif Koko Hong Hua, Hoon-jie and their kids, as well as Daniel and Clara. And boy, has A-Wen's voice broken by a lot!!! We watched the Star Search 2007 finals, and at 2115 hrs, Koko Hong Hua decided that it was time for him and family to go back. Of course he gave me a lift to the stop opposite Thomson Plaza, and it was there that I took a bus to good ol' Lornie Road... and onward to Radiogate for the usual celeb waiting session... never would I relaize that a change in climate would ruin my plans of taking pic wif Miss FC again... :-(

Hanwei was the first to come out at around 10 pm... others who drove out rather quickly without stopping were Edmund, Ivy, Aileen, Rayson & Liping, etc. The few artistes who stopped for a while were Jeff Wang, Brandon Wong and Kym Ng. At around 2235 hrs, Jesseca came out of RG much to my surprise. So I seized the opportunity to take pic wif the tall beauty before she headed for the reception. A huge downpour came at around 2315 hrs, and it just got worse and worse. Ping Hui drove out at 2235 hrs, signing autographs and 'scolding' the few of us for staying in the cold rain and not going back home early. Felicia finally came out 10 minutes after her 'onscreen husband' Wenjing (Ping Hui lah, hehe) but then she had to fetch 3 friends back home. Also mostly due to the stupid rain, what else!!! On the brighter side of things, I'm glad that at least Fel spotted me from inside her new silver car. And our main concern was to get out of the heavy rain via taxi.

After Fel zoomed off, I decided to do the unthinkable... I walked all the way from Radiogate to the reception with a newspaper on my head while the sky continued to rain non-stop. Although I was totally drenched, I nevertheless got to make up for my failure by taking picture wif Lee Mei Ling, a Star Search 2007 semi-finalist from Malaysia who bears some resemblance to Miss Singapore Universe Jessica Tan. (in order words, she's a certified mei nu!!) It was around this time that New Yiqing came out... 4th time lucky xiah!! I left the place at around 0020 hrs, and once I reached home, I started contemplating on what to do prior to the marketplace event and many other stuff...
Results for the Star Search 2007 finals...
2nd runner-up: Celia Pan Hung Hsi, disciple of Tay Ping Hui
1st runner-up: Jerry Yeo Wei Lie, also disciple of Ping Hui!
Winner: Andie Chen Bangjun, disciple of Zheng Geping
Miss Telegenic: Koh Yah Hwee, disciple of Chen Liping
Mr Personality: Jackson Tan Chia Chong, disciple of Huang Wenyong
Mr Popular: Jerry Yeo Wei Lie (see above)
(Poor Desmond Tan, he's the only one who didnt win any subsidiary award, I noticed...)
I got a feeling that Geping might win Best Actor award for this year's Star Awards! Many congrats to Andie btw... :-)

No comments: