Thursday, November 08, 2007

Momma recovered, and talk on the Xi Ji Qing Qian 25 album

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RANDY WONG, SVAMI AND STEPHANIE GOH

Wahaha, Momma had been discharged at last, and just at the right time! Praise the Good Lord!! Thank you everyone out there for your prayers... the past few days made me realise the importance of cherishing my loved ones. Well, my mum is still as healthy as before, just that she needs to take her medicine regularly to boost the palettes in her blood, and not knock into anything hard. So no need to worry liao...


Ok now time to talk about the new music CD I just bought last week... Xi Ji Qing Qian 25. Ok, first track is a MUST-HEAR for all Jonatics, cos Jonathan Leong is the voice behind "Qing Qian 25", his sexy baritone singing different verses from abt 15 drama theme songs in 4 minutes. Other songs I like are "Jie Dong" by Rui En (theme song for "Love @ Zero Degrees C"), "Gen Wo Zai Yi Qi" by Tay Ping Hui (theme song for "Honor and Passion"). "Guang Huai Fang Shi" by Chen Hanwei & Chua Lilian and so on. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't too familiar with most of the songs from both discs (majority of these from Disc 2), mostly due to the fact that I hadn't watched many dramas between 1995 to 2002. Also, this album consists of theme songs for dramas shown in the 90s to the current decade (the only 80s-era theme song is one sung by Li Nanxing, a 22-year veteran in Mediacorp). The celeb who 'dominates' the list of songs is Fann Wong wif 8 songs... for group, it had gotta be Dreamz FM (Cavin Soh lends his voice for two separate hits).
I give this album a 3.5 out of 5 stars... buy it only if you think the songs are worth listening to, or if you are a big fan of Jonathan Leong or Fann Wong. For me, I haf no regrets buying the album, but only wished there were more recent theme songs inside... could it be due to copyright reasons thet the theme songs for "Kinship" and "Metamorphosis" are being left out?

No comments: