Saturday, September 02, 2006

Random talk abt current affairs

Happy Birthday to one of my fave actors...
The ever-cool KEANU REEVES!!! (and he's 42 already???)

My thoughts on the recent talk of the town...

Gillian Cheung's videotaping scam
Urghhhh... this is something very unpleasant to talk abt. Invasion of other people's privacy. Altho Im not exactly a fan of TWINS, my heart goes out to poor Gillian... a video camera at the closet behind her dressing room recording her undressing, and some newspaper publishing the pictures in that certain newspaper brand. And that rallied all the HK stars to start a petition to boycott the newspapers and stop further controversy from happening. Poor girl... wonder why such heartless bastards must exist these days. As if the Tammy incident here was troubling enough.
Zoe Tay's Inneudo slogan- "I Swallow"
I dont haf much to say abt this, esp since Im not a big fan of Zoe (tho she's still one of my faves). I dont really see anything wrong wif the Queen of Cadelcott Hill flaunting her slim figure and six-pac after giving birth to little Brayden last Feb (she wont look nice if she were to become an auntie wif little makeup and an out-of-shape figure). And I dont see anything wrong wif her trying to inject some humor into a commercial. At least she didnt pull out any blasphemous stunt like that even older 'but still going' Madonna (whose singing and performing haf become more crappy).
Dick Lee's entry as a Pope on his 50th birthday bash
Again, I dont see anything wrong wif the King of SingaPop dressing up like a cleric on 20th August. Those 4 people who dared to slam him for showing disrespect in the Straits Times can go put their own feet into their mouths. Moreover, this IS Dick's birthday bash and he is free to do anything he wants (come on, he's not even in his teens anymore, give the guy a break and stop condemning him will ya!!). And those 4 people aren't even his friends or relatives. I dont think he offended any Roman Catholic at all... esp since he IS a Roman Catholic himself.

Oh well, catch up wif u later when I come back from Compass Point later! ;-)

No comments: