Monday, October 02, 2006

My thanks to the semi-finalists

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUSILA (MANAGER FROM MOS BURGER PS)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATHERINE (JONATHAN FAN)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOELLE SULISTIO

Sharifah just sent me an SMS stating on how much the bonds with the Singapore Idol contestants mean to her, as well as all the other fans.
"I don't think I'll ever be able to forget some of the contestants. It's so sad, you know. You get to know them, appreciate them on stage and even begin to love some of them. But then suddenly everything ends to fast that you don't even get the chance to cherish the time with them, let alone savour the moment. And then you begin missing them and the withdrawal symptoms soon start. By then, you'd be wishing that you would be able to turn back the hands of time so that you would relive the time where nothing else mattered except for you and your favourite."

Indeed Sharifah is really right... Wednesdays and Thursdays are gonna get real boring and non-happening without the Spectaculars that us Idol fans so faithfully attend (in palce of them are a couple of 'normal programmes'). And Saturday afternoons aren't going to get any better with the absence of the Singapore Idol Roadshows. And it will be kinda difficult to meet up wif the contestants in person for a face-to-face conversation, let alone chat with them via MSN or drop them testimonials via Friendster. I know all too well that this cycle happens for every other talent show like Project Superstar or Campus Superstar.
And so right now, Im gonna write down a list of thank-yous to the Singapore Idol finalists and semi-finalists I may or may not haf seen in person... and I will end off the list wif a long list of fellow Idol fans I had known along the way (this will be split into two parts due to the 'overwhelming amount of thoughts' in my brain).

Hmmmm... where to start off? Oh yah, the semi-finalists. :-)

Terence- even though I hadnt met u in person yet, I just wanna say that I didn't regret knowing a little more abt u on TV as well as thru Friendster. Really hope to meet up wif u one day... and I was greatly moved by your role as the simpleton Ah Zai in "My Sassy Neighbour"!! :-)
Janson- Altho I dunno much abt u on a personal level or seen you upclose yet, I would love to meet up wif u someday and get your autograph :-)
James- Hey hey, so nice to see u at the studios and at the stadium... continue to stay cool and youthful ya? Hope to try out your new delicacies someday :-)
Levin- One cool Ah Beng who doesnt really look his age... yeah, really glad to haf seen u at the studio and the Finals. Its been a pleasure knowing u... hope we can continue to keep in touch :-)
Geraldine- If I haf to admit, I didnt really like u when I first saw u at the Wildcard roadshow at Tampines Mall, cos I thot u came off as arrogant and fake (esp after the 'Shut up your mouth' incident). But then I realised I was wrong abt u after I watched your performance in the Wildcard show... and I also realised that ur so much different from Maia Lee (who's too similar to my neighbour). Yep, thats right... after I saw u on Sunday, my viewpoints abt u had changed for the better! I dont think ur fake or rude at all... and Im relieved that u still forgave me in spite of my negative thoughts abt u in the past! I certainly dont mind meeting up wif u again!! :-)
Melissa- finally got to meet up wif u for the very first time on Sunday night!! Im very surprised that you actually recognised me before I even dropped u a testimonial in your account!! Dont care what the others may say abt u... in my point of view you're really beautiful in your own way, it's true. Would love to meet up wif u once more... :-)
Milly- Hey, nice to see u for the first time as well!! You look a lot prettier than before... and yeah u do a bit like my fave actress... Rui En!!! Haha, Cute Ah Lian indeed... just wanna let u know that Im ok wif Sly now (tho my parents still detest him). Im very happy for the both of u... wish u loads of happiness... :-)

Siew Woon- Whoa okaaaayyy, long message coming up here... dunno where to start off. Oh yeah, I didnt quite like your rendition of "Are you Happy Now" in the piano shows, thot it was rather trashy and not suited for you. But I still like you cos you're a mix of a convent gal and a naughty gal (who, according to 8 days, has plenty of 'sex appeal'). And yep it was great seeing u at the Wildcard roadshow at Tampines Mall for the very first time... indeed I was mesmerized by your beauty. And Im still very proud of u even tho u didnt advance to the Final 12 round by the end of the Wildcard results show. And even more so when you came to Mos Burger one fine day in mid July wif your friend (must haf been your big eyes or sexy lips, hehe)... and I was really happy to see u alongside the other Ousted Idols on 8th August (my first 'proper' Spectacular attendance)... indeed your autograph was very very sweet!!! And indeed I was equally delighted to haf seen u in every Spectacular show in the upcoming weeks... to me you'll be known as the Naughty Girl with a Sweet and Caring Personality. So nice of u to take the trouble to chat wif me via MSN on certain days in spite of your studies... hope we'll continue to keep in touch ya? One more thing, quicky add me on Friendster leh... I love you so very very much :-)
Randy- I just watched your Piano show perfromance (Crazy Little Thing Called Love) on YouTube, I thot it was very earnest and decent... the judges must haf been blind to say that your performance is similar to that of a has-been performer (but then I must admit that it wasnt so outstanding). And I still think you look like Edge. But yeah anyway, thanks a lot for that wonderous testimonial... I wont forget u ever :-)
Tengku Adil- Like Terence and Janson earlier on, I had yet to know more abt u or even seen u in person... I absolutely loved your rendition of "Kiss From A Rose" by the way, it was earnest and decent even tho u didnt advance to the next round. Do hope we can get to see each other someday ya? :-)

Roslan- So nice to have seen u at the Spectaculars show on 30th August and outside the Indoor Stadium last Monday... can I profess that u look a bit like my army friend Roiswandi? Yeah haha anyway, so nice to have met up wif u again. Your birthday's coming up isn't it? I definitely won't forget to send you my birthday wishes :-)
Primero- Ahhhh you're one cool dude indeed... it was really nice to have seen u for the very first time at the Wildcard roadshow on 24th June. And no, I dont think you're arrogant at all (tho u may look so). IMHO I think you can be an actor wif your dashing good looks, never mind if your singing isnt so good. And yeah it was great chatting wif u at the Mediacorp studios after the Spectaculars. I won't forget u, and I certainly won't forget your upcoming birthday either... :-)
Wan Hua- Sweet and adorable girl whom I had seen for the very first time at the Wisma Atria roadshow on 17th June. Wannie, it was really great to haf seen u at most Spectacular shows, and yes my heart just broke when I saw u crying after Jasmine's elimination (yes, Jas is the one I support). And oh, thanks a lot for the hug after Sunday's performance show, Im gonna miss u loads :-)
Annabelle- Another wonderful girl I had seen at the Wisma Atria roadshow... yes I think you're very pretty (in fact, all of u are) no matter what others may say abt u (try not to look too moody all the time and smile more... that way others wont think that ur unfriendly or something). But the fact that surprised me the most is that your cousin happens to be a friend of mine... from the same celeb fanclub nonetheless!! And yes, it's true that she does haf a minor crush on Jonathan (dont most teenage girls do that?). I love you and your cousin very much :-)
Charmaine- I had seen u only once at Wisma Atria, and I didnt see u on either day for the SI Finals... do hope to see u someday so I can pass to u the drawing I made as well as get your autograph. Wish u and your sister all the best in everything u do :-)
Meryl- Ok, another long message coming up... Super sweetie with a doll-like face and good figure!! Altho I didnt regret seeing your pretty face at Wisma Atria, my sole regret was joining your fanclub rather late, cos abt 10 days after that, it was announced in the website and the newspapers that u had pulled out from the competition due to studies... and I was so upset by the numerous negative comments targeted at u by bitter netizens in the MCS forums that I had made the rather unwise decision to quit from the fanclub site so I can avoid all that negativity as well as concentrate on the finalists (I had since rejoined the group). I totally regretted doing that, but I did not totally turn against you, unlike a 'certain Rahimah fan' (you know who you are). And yes u can imagine how delighted I was when I saw u again. Just wanna let u know that I still love you the same as before, and Im glad that u had forgiven me for that unwise move months ago. I will never turn against you... "I swore to you my love will remain, and I'd swear it all over again." :-)

1 comment:

kaileng said...

you have been an avid fan of idols..

rock'on yea?

keep in contact..